Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3.5" Parer/Utility Knife Sign Up Sheet

3.5" Parer/Utility Knife Sign Up Sheet

Guys,
    I will make 10 of these, in both standard and premium materials. AEB-L.

It's going to be pretty stiff, thin at the edge, convex ground knife. Can be used as a parer, or as utility (de-bone a chicken, do some minor cutting on a board).

The cost per standard version is $150 and for a premium version (premium woods, mokume) is $200.

This batch is all octagonal handles.

If interested, reserve your name on the list.

Marko

PS: I am still tweaking a prototype below, but there won't be major changes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150806_133341305.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	28574

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Please count me in.

I am going to do the octagonal 3.5" first and western 2.5" after. Pricing won't be much different for these, as it is almost as much work for 2.5" as for 3.5".

9 are still available in 3.5"

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Please count me in

Three of the ten spots are taken, plus two spots are reserved for stainless damascus blades , so only five are remaining.

Looks great, but I'll wait for the western
    Huw
    There are many people who claim to be good cooks; just as there are many people who, after having repainted the garden gate take themselves to be painters.
    Fernand Point

I'm curious Marko, do you have stainless damascus on hand which can be added as an upgrade; or would we need to purchase damascus directly from Devin and have it sent to you?

I will have the damascus blank on hand. I don't know what pattern that would be yet, though.

Marko

Thank you for the clarification.
    In that case, can I change to stainless damascus?

yes))