Quantcast
Just for Fun: What type of knife knut are you?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just for Fun: What type of knife knut are you?

Just for Fun: What type of knife knut are you?

When I (try to) explain to non-knife people my passion for knives, I invariably have to simplify it so (1) they can understand what I am talking about and (2) I don't scare them off.

After doing this recently, I got to thinking about the different types of knife knuts.

You have your sharp-edge knuts, your steel freaks, professional knife (ab)users, product tester types, craftsmen/knifemakers, the foodie who wants the best sh!t...and more I am sure.

Of course, these categories are just made-up and probably a bunch of crap, but we all came for different reasons.

I was a foodie who wanted to learn how to sharpen knives. My first post (@ KF) was about getting an edge pro or going with stones.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Over-analytical cheapskate. I'm poor and discerning.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Minimalist dilettante. I tend to go as big as I can in a hobby and then continually strip down until I have exactly what I wanted and needed in the first place.

I started wanting edge retention then I got into sharpening, then steel (where there is too much variation and uncertainty to really learn much without a lot of investment) then tinkering and testing where I currently sit. My friends have long decided I've lost touch with reality. I can't say I disagree.

We are all just crazy, hopeless, and knuts.

I would put myself in two categories: Sharp I like things sharp - Foodie who wants to have good stuff to cook with (knives - pans - pots - plates - everything)

oh yeah... i forgot the foodie thing. i probably belong there, too. and the gadget thing... i have a vitamix, after all.

Started out as a sharp edge nut, then moved into master piece knife nut, then buy a lot of expensive JNAT and sharpening nut, then buy old crap and fix it myself nut which made me a wood and tool nut. Added all together I beleive I have covered all aspects of madness and consider myself just a nut. Plain and simple.

hahahahahahahahaha

DarKHEK

I am a kife maker knut. I love the challenges associated with making all you picky people knives I carry a knife everyday and I like sharp stuff. I guess I am an artistry knife knut.....if that makes any sense....

The best kind.

+ Reply to Thread