Quantcast
NYCKS - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NYCKS

The last 2 shows it was just Takeda san with kitchen knives.

well the folder i wanted to have finished is out as i broke a tap off in the las hole that needed tapped (still not sure how im fixing that one)
    but will be there with a tuna sword and a few razors and one 6 inch utility (i have not a tabel but i will be floating around ) i ll be talkign to the dealers and seeing what deals i can work

If the hole is not in steel, have you tried alum?
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

show was good smaller then i thought for NY but had coop shooot 3 of my razors and looks at all the high end handle stuffs and talked shop with some great makers
    ron was a proper host (more then jsut a proper he was greta )
    had good meals
    i sold nothing but really didnt plan on it ether (dave i was goin to stop by before the show but you were a hair out the way the way i went

I don't know what the answer is but a lot of the more popular makers sell out in the first hour of the first day. By Sunday morning the show was looking pretty sorry with all those empty tables every where you looked. Good crowd Friday, fair Sat. and poor Sunday.

They should require all knives remain on site until the end of the show. Then even those who cannot attend until Sunday can at least see what is available.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

alot of the better makers do keep knives till the end of show but for some its not worth them even sticking around for sunday and they have flights to make

i know RJ and DDR knives were able to look at but thats the corner of the show i was hanging out in

+ Reply to Thread