NYCKS

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l r harner

Banned
Reaction score
the NY custom kn\ife show is comming up and i plan on at least walking around (will have a few things with me if you wanted to buy)
i dont think ni ca get a table but i plan on dinner and drinks/ showing off what i have the 2 nights after the show

loooks liek a tuna sword a few folders and a few razors

anyone interested that i should make sure to find

I've been trying to get to this show for at least 11 yrs now. Maybe this will be my lucky year?

hey if we can get a pack together (i can pick up dave ) and ron knows all the hot spots lets make this happen

I get back into town late saturday night and will need to be back at work first thing sunday so I can not make it. Darn.

I could go on a friday for sure.....that'd be the only day icould go though....Ryan

my plan is leave here friday catch the end of the first day then do saterday and maybe catch a bit of sunday AM

the NY custom kn\ife show is comming up and i plan on at least walking around (will have a few things with me if you wanted to buy)
i dont think ni ca get a table but i plan on dinner and drinks/ showing off what i have the 2 nights after the show

loooks liek a tuna sword a few folders and a few razors

anyone interested that i should make sure to find

You mean Monday and Tuesday ( 20 & 21)? Were are you going to be, I'm off. If I can hit the show it would be Sunday, but it's been disappointing the past few years.

niloc if you will be around i ll hang out then we can talk big sharp knives a bit

Outside of Takeda, is there anyone there who'll have a decent spread of kitchen stuff? Or is this more of a skip?

The last 2 shows it was just Takeda san with kitchen knives.

well the folder i wanted to have finished is out as i broke a tap off in the las hole that needed tapped (still not sure how im fixing that one)
but will be there with a tuna sword and a few razors and one 6 inch utility (i have not a tabel but i will be floating around ) i ll be talkign to the dealers and seeing what deals i can work

If the hole is not in steel, have you tried alum?

show was good smaller then i thought for NY but had coop shooot 3 of my razors and looks at all the high end handle stuffs and talked shop with some great makers
ron was a proper host (more then jsut a proper he was greta )
had good meals
i sold nothing but really didnt plan on it ether (dave i was goin to stop by before the show but you were a hair out the way the way i went

I don't know what the answer is but a lot of the more popular makers sell out in the first hour of the first day. By Sunday morning the show was looking pretty sorry with all those empty tables every where you looked. Good crowd Friday, fair Sat. and poor Sunday.

They should require all knives remain on site until the end of the show. Then even those who cannot attend until Sunday can at least see what is available.

alot of the better makers do keep knives till the end of show but for some its not worth them even sticking around for sunday and they have flights to make

i know RJ and DDR knives were able to look at but thats the corner of the show i was hanging out in

Latest posts

Back