Quantcast
winter squash and pumpkin recipes

Thread: winter squash and pumpkin recipes

winter squash and pumpkin recipes

I need some good winter squash/pumpkin recipes. I would prefer savory recipes over sweet.

Heat in oven, eat with butter.

I love it as a soup with just a bit of an 'Asian' touch, i.e. a bit of ginger, coconut milk, 5-spice etc. Ravioli are great, but my favorite way has been a pumkin risotto that the Italian wife of a friend made. Don't have a recipe, just rememberd it when you asked, have to look for that myself.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    I love it as a soup with just a bit of an 'Asian' touch, i.e. a bit of ginger, coconut milk, 5-spice etc. Ravioli are great, but my favorite way has been a pumkin risotto that the Italian wife of a friend made. Don't have a recipe, just rememberd it when you asked, have to look for that myself.

Stefan
    I totally agree! I love a good butternut squash pureed soup that has been flavored with ginger, lemongrass, Thai chiles and coconut milk!

At Danilo in Modena we had pumpkin torteloni that was excellent. I don't have the recipe, but would guess some roasted pumpkin, fresh ricotta and a little parmesano reggiano in fresh pasta would come close. I intend to try it, but have not yet.

If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

I've never thought of pumpkin risotto or pumpkin torteloni. I've also never considered Martha's recipes. Keep the ideas coming

I've made this and enjoyed it.

Butternut Squash with Radicchio Pappardelle

Ran across this recipe yesterday: Pumpkin Lasagne -- the pumpkin is pureed and used to make the pasta, not the sauce/filling.

Along the lines of the pumpkin risotto which was mentioned, there's also pumpkin polenta which goes nicely with thick stews and roasted meats, lamb especially.

I make this Curried Pork and Squash recipe once or twice each fall too.
    Anthony