winter squash and pumpkin recipes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obtuse

Founding Member
Reaction score
I need some good winter squash/pumpkin recipes. I would prefer savory recipes over sweet.

I love it as a soup with just a bit of an 'Asian' touch, i.e. a bit of ginger, coconut milk, 5-spice etc. Ravioli are great, but my favorite way has been a pumkin risotto that the Italian wife of a friend made. Don't have a recipe, just rememberd it when you asked, have to look for that myself.

Stefan

I love it as a soup with just a bit of an 'Asian' touch, i.e. a bit of ginger, coconut milk, 5-spice etc. Ravioli are great, but my favorite way has been a pumkin risotto that the Italian wife of a friend made. Don't have a recipe, just rememberd it when you asked, have to look for that myself.

Stefan

I totally agree! I love a good butternut squash pureed soup that has been flavored with ginger, lemongrass, Thai chiles and coconut milk!

At Danilo in Modena we had pumpkin torteloni that was excellent. I don't have the recipe, but would guess some roasted pumpkin, fresh ricotta and a little parmesano reggiano in fresh pasta would come close. I intend to try it, but have not yet.

pumpkintorteloni.jpg

I've never thought of pumpkin risotto or pumpkin torteloni. I've also never considered Martha's recipes. Keep the ideas coming :)

Ran across this recipe yesterday: Pumpkin Lasagne -- the pumpkin is pureed and used to make the pasta, not the sauce/filling.

Along the lines of the pumpkin risotto which was mentioned, there's also pumpkin polenta which goes nicely with thick stews and roasted meats, lamb especially.

I make this Curried Pork and Squash recipe once or twice each fall too.

Latest posts

Back