2018 East Coast Gathering (ECG) - Sunday April 29 in Alexandria, VA

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Title says it all. Time to start planning for the 2018 ECG. The date is set in concrete, as it has already been vetted with some of the key regulars, and with the wife. So hopefully that is enough time for those who need to give a lot of notice at work to get the day off.

If you do not know what it is, here is a link to the 2017 event:

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...athering-(ECG)-Sunday-May-21-in-Alexandria-VA

Food, drink, knives and hanging out with KKFers -- what's not to like?

Bumping this so it stays on the radar. One nice thing about nailing down the date so early is it allows some pros who work at places that are closed on Sundays to have enough advanced notice to block out the day. I have been reaching out to a few in the DC area, including a few sushi chefs who are not on the forums. And hopefully at least one of the DCSharp brothers can make it this year.

Will there be something happening on Sat night? Looks like I can make it that weekend, just would have to find a bed for Sat night.

Stefan

Stefan, there will definitely be a dinner Saturday night for those who are interested. I will float some options next month.

B U M P

Less then two months away. For the pro cooks out there, it's never too early to put in a request at work to have the day off (or at least part of it).

We will have a two rooms available now that our son is in college. A basement room with a double and full bath and my son's room which is a twin bunk bed.

B U M P

6 weeks away -- it will be here sooner then you think!

And if you want to join in on dinner in DC on Saturday night, please let me know -- I need to reserve soon.

Still planning on being there for Sat evening and Sun. Working on accommodations next.

Stefan

I'm in. Last year's dinner was awesome and the food/ice cream was great on Sunday too.

No new knives, but maybe I'll sharpen them this time!

Still planning on being there for Sat evening and Sun. Working on accommodations next.

Stefan
Stefan, I replied to your email a little while ago. The info is still relevant.

I'm in. Last year's dinner was awesome and the food/ice cream was great on Sunday too.

No new knives, but maybe I'll sharpen them this time!
Great!

I was dreaming to even think that I had a chance of being able to go. Count me out....again.

I was thinking of coming down from nyc with one of my sous chefs. My girlfriends family lives right by here. We would be happy to bring down something to cook! And a bunch of knives of course.

That would be great if you can swing it. We've had a couple chefs down from NYC in the past, but no one made it last year.

PM me your email address, as I send out info via email as the event nears.

B U M P

Only 3-1/2 weeks away now! If you want to have dinner at Zaytinya on Saturday night please shoot me a PM if you have not already let me know.

B U M P

Only 3-1/2 weeks away now! If you want to have dinner at Zaytinya on Saturday night please shoot me a PM if you have not already let me know.

Please put me on the dinner list, David.

Stefan

Can't make Saturdays cuz

images

However my wife and I will be driving down early Sunday morning. Should get to the hotel around noon.

Looking forward to a great day!

While I have you all here is there any interest in a winter gathering next year? I've been kicking around the idea at work and I really don't see why we can't take advantage of some unused space during the offseason. I have all the tables, chairs and kitchen equipment one could need. If enough people are interested I could push it through at my club. What do you guys think about that?

I certainly would also be interested in a winter gathering, especially in nearer (for me). But although I don't think bad weather would likely deter me -- I have a Subaru Forester on order for delivery well before then -- others might find attendance more challenging.

Winter gathering sounds good to me, as long as I can hitch a ride with Larry in his new Forester ;)

Stefan

Winter is the way to go. I couldn’t make a gathering from April to November. Ever.

Back