Zombie weapon of choice

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowtyper

Reaction score
You are at work, or at home in the kitchen when the zombies start shuffling into your neighbourhood. You have to leave, you can take one item from your kitchen.

I love my 270mm konosuke hd but its too light to feel like it could do much damage. I think with that all you'd be able to do is stab their brains through their eye. Deba is the meatiest knife I have, but its so small. Would probably do a fine job smashing brains from the tops of heads.

Or would you resort to other kitchen equipment? Fire extinguisher? Frying pan?

Well I guess I need to start keeping the light 20 gauge in the kitchen...

Range would be my interests... farther away so I don't have to smell them :p For up close Lodge frying pan, thick and heavy lol

desert eagle .50

This:
IMG_0051.jpg
IMG_0050.jpg
IMG_0053.jpg
IMG_0052.jpg
IMG_0054.jpg
IMG_0056.jpg
IMG_0057.jpg

Maybe all the knuts would get eaten after stopping to admire the awesome zombie-patina forming.

My new (to me) 270mm Tadafusa Deba. It must weight almost 2lbs and has a spine almost a centimeter thick... Yeah I think I'd send the zombies running.

You said "shuffling", which can only mean that the crucial first step of Zombie preparedness is done--determine if they are slow zombies or running zombies. The slow ones, no problem. From my kitchen, I'd grab food--my EDC stuff and wits should get me where I need to go just fine.

I have an old 30" long hog splitter that must weigh 10# for close work or maybe the Ruger .44 super blackhawk and my 444 Marlin or my Ruger 338 win. mag for distance.

I will definitely have this in the back of my mind when I check out the CCk store this christmas

I would take the masahiro petty I have. I keep hearing size doesn't matter. :razz:

Reamember to kill a zombie you got to destroy the brain! Not easy to do with kitchen tools, best to lock your self in the walkin and wait for the rednecks to save you. But it I had to pick a knife to make a run for it this would be it.

8ca1e8e2.jpg

Reamember to kill a zombie you got to destroy the brain! Not easy to do with kitchen tools, best to lock your self in the walkin and wait for the rednecks to save you. But it I had to pick a knife to make a run for it this would be it.

8ca1e8e2.jpg
That's about the size of my hog splitter!

Firearms too loud - the report would simply attract more Walkers to you and you would get overwhelmed and eaten alive.

Blades and edges weapons (axes, swords) are no good because the suction or wedging in skull or bone would cause you to lose the weapon and then how would you take down the second and third and fourth ones and so on??

Blunt, heavy implement is best - crowbar or Russian E-tool or entry tool or mace/bludgeon is the way to go.

If you must go the firearms route then it has to be a .22LR with a silencer (homemade if need be). After all, you only have to take out the brain. I will leave you to work out the logistical details since it is your fantasy question and Zombies aren't real. :D

Blades and edges weapons (axes, swords) are no good because the suction or wedging in skull or bone would cause you to lose the weapon and then how would you take down the second and third and fourth ones and so on??

Convex grind my friend, no wedging, excellent zombie-release.

alright, the running vs. walking zombie quesion is answered, but you forgot the more important one: what kind of zombie is it?
there are three types of zombies:

Chemical Zombies: still "alive" but were created by chemical warfare. brain is the target.

Bacterial Zombies: created by biological warfare. if we go by "i am legend (the BOOK)" logic, then the only way to kill them is to create a large enough hole so that they cannot cover it up, and the bacteria die due to exposure to oxygen.

Unholy Zombies: created supernaturally. and because they're supernatural, you cant kill 'em. we're boned.

either way you look at it, the most effective would be something like a shotgun since it makes a big hole, and can literally take someone head off. a knife would SLICE the brain, not destroy it. and since it SLICES, its not a big hole so the bacteria can create a film to cover it in no time.

for these reasons and more, i always have a backpack full of everything i need in my trunk (food, clothes, gas mask, paracord, etc.) a Gerber survival knife, and a 12 gauge. im all set.

wow, have we all been watching the walking dead or something?? lol

because i dont use a lot of axes, pistols, or mountain climbing gear in my kitchen, i would have to go with the deba just because its the toughest knife i own

This is 14 inches long at the edge, light weight for speed, sever the head and on to the next:

PICT0432.JPG

Back