Quantcast
Best pillows in the world"....... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best pillows in the world".......

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Ummm sobakowa? Never tried one but I heard about em.
    Highly recommended!

They stay cool, they breathe, they hold their shape and they're hypoallergenic.

I have one with 100% buckwheat hulls, rice and millet hulls are also popular.
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmbhp View Post
    They're great. They stay cool, they breathe, they hold their shape and they're hypoallergenic.
    The stay cool part is the tipping point for me...must get one

Aren't the sobakowah ones hard as hell?.....is it a type of pillow or a brand name as well?....Ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

I'm sold. I will be buying 5 pounds of buckwheat hulls this month. I'm ready to find a pillow that doesn't suck...I'm a working cook with kids high blood pressure and a tmj dysfunction. I could use a good pillow, and even the foam custom one my chiropractor gave me, I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    Aren't the sobakowah ones hard as hell?.....is it a type of pillow or a brand name as well?....Ryan
    I believe sobakowa is a brand but it's a buckwheat hull pillow I think. Also I believe you can adjust the hardness by adding or removing hulls.

Here's one on amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Buckwh...1197813&sr=8-5

I'm getting one next week or so. It's about time too I need a new pillow.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    They're essentially bean bags so they're not really hard, more along the lines of firm and supportive.

Rice or millet hull fillings might feel softer or more giving due to their smaller grain.

Two-sided pillows with buckwheat on one side and rice/millet on the other seem to be common now.

Sobakawa is a brand (hyped on TV?) but there are many other choices online and at brick&mortar stores.
    Anthony

So any recommendation on which buckwheat pillow to try?.....r they basically the same....any thoughts.....Ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

UPDATE!!

Ok. Best money I ever spent on a pillow ever. Right here.

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Buckwh...1197813&sr=8-5

One for me, one for my wife and we loved them so much, bought one for her mom as well.

BEST PILLOW EVER!!!

Do not hesitate. It totally supports you and feels like you are floating on awesomeness.

It's a little heavy but I'm not traveling with it so who cares. Buy this now!!!

I've got your world's best pillows--RIGHT HERE!

They're down--I have 3 different ones, in varying sizes and firmness. Down is kind of screwy in that it comes in different "Fill Powers"--how many cubic inches an ounce of down will fill. The higher the number, the lighter and fluffier the down. A higher number is considered better quality, and is supposed to hold up better. Then you have to look at how many ounces of down are in the pillow/comforter/etc. Multiply your ounces by your fill power to get the cubic inches the down will fill--an indication of how firm the pillow will be. Looking on line, it can be tricky finding all the information so that you can compare apples with apples. If you can see them in person and try them out, it's best and you don't have to worry about the math or grade of down. Or find someone with a good return policy. I've got a Ralph Lauren that's a little too firm, a Lands' End "soft" that usually feels just right, and an old one that's somewhere in the middle.

I have a big washer/dryer so I wash my down pillows occasionally. The trick is to get them really dry, or the feathers can mold.

I get hot at night, and find the down pillows cool enough to be comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    I've got your world's best pillows--RIGHT HERE!

They're down--I have 3 different ones, in varying sizes and firmness. Down is kind of screwy in that it comes in different "Fill Powers"--how many cubic inches an ounce of down will fill. The higher the number, the lighter and fluffier the down. A higher number is considered better quality, and is supposed to hold up better. Then you have to look at how many ounces of down are in the pillow/comforter/etc. Multiply your ounces by your fill power to get the cubic inches the down will fill--an indication of how firm the pillow will be. Looking on line, it can be tricky finding all the information so that you can compare apples with apples. If you can see them in person and try them out, it's best and you don't have to worry about the math or grade of down. Or find someone with a good return policy. I've got a Ralph Lauren that's a little too firm, a Lands' End "soft" that usually feels just right, and an old one that's somewhere in the middle.

I have a big washer/dryer so I wash my down pillows occasionally. The trick is to get them really dry, or the feathers can mold.

I get hot at night, and find the down pillows cool enough to be comfortable.
    I've been a down pillow man my whole life. Until now that is. You have to try this to believe it. The support is unreal.