• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Heiji 127mm petty semi stainless with saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krx927

Reaction score
This was a part of a larger order and never saw much use. It is just sitting on my knife rack as the wife prefers Masashi petty I also bought her. I bought it directly from Mr. Heiji 3 years ago. The knife is made out of his semi stainless steel. It comes with octagonal burned chestnut handle and a saya.

When I got it the spine was pretty sharp so I rounded it (I did the same with 3 other nakiris I ordered). I finished it in the same way as the knife came. I also sharpened it once. But I did not attempt a proper wide bevel sharpening. I just sharpened primary edge in normal way – wide bevel is intact.

Weight 84g
Length, overall 246mm
Length of handle 110mm
Length, handle to Tip 136mm
Length, heel to Tip 127mm
Heigh of blade at heel 31mm
Width of spine above the Heel 3.1mm
Width of spine at the middle 2.1mm
Width of spine at 1 cm before tip 1.5mm

I want $225 or 180€ for the knife.

The price includes shipping in EU (outside split shipping) but no PP fees.

ugnR9ZJ.jpg

GSsNlMH.jpg

uQzrcZK.jpg

L4YkhAR.jpg

Kb1a1F5.jpg

What kills it for me is the high profile. I tend to use knives this length more as a paring knife, or to trim meats and such... where I rather have a more nimble blade with less blade heigh. The extra height can be nice if you do a lot of board work with them... but personally that's what I never really end up using petties for; I always reach for the gyutos instead anyway. Might be completely different for others tho.

120 € / 150 $

This is now really really cheap for almost new Heiji knife together with saya.

Latest posts

Back