Quantcast
Heiji love all over again
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heiji love all over again

Heiji love all over again

This weekend, I took some time to relax after a long couple of weeks. I sharpened or touched up all of my blades to tomato-test sharpness and I unexpectedly fell in love with Heiji semistainless (skd 1$) steel all over again. It just loves to be sharp! I couldn't resist taking some time out and cutting a few items with my gyuto and I was amazed again at how it outperforms my lasers in many ways in spite of the thickness...

Heiji is my personal favorite, would love to see photos!

ya, pics or it didn't happen
    It's like my ol' grandpappy used to say; "The less one makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look a fool in retrospect"

I really love mine, too. It feels much nicer to use than the stock laser I tried (270 Tad Inox).

Of all the knives I sold in my collection that Heiji is the only one I miss.At least post a pic so I can stare at her.

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    Of all the knives I sold in my collection that Heiji is the only one I miss.At least post a pic so I can stare at her.
    I'll work on getting her presentation worthy.

The Heiji's seem to get a lot of love here

Are they that good ? what is it about them that make a 240 gyuto worth $500 ?

Quote Originally Posted by welshstar View Post
    The Heiji's seem to get a lot of love here

Are they that good ? what is it about them that make a 240 gyuto worth $500 ?
    Only you can say if it's worth 500$.I loved the SS version.It is hard to describe how a 4.2mm thick gyuto can cut so well,but it does.It is a knife with great character,something I love in a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    Only you can say if it's worth 500$.I loved the SS version.It is hard to describe how a 4.2mm thick gyuto can cut so well,but it does.It is a knife with great character,something I love in a knife.
    +1. It has the look and feel of something someone took a lot of care in making. I've handled and used a lot of knives. This is the only "thick" one I chose to buy, keep and use and I don't tolerate anything but outstanding performance.

+ Reply to Thread