• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Roselli UHC chef knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
Want to check out the steel. Looking for ultra high carbon steel/wootz chef knife.

Hoss

Is this what you are looking for?
PupTntn.jpg

Maybe you could get some steel directly from them to try, might be worth shooting them a email?
https://www.roselli.fi/epages/roselli.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/2014063003/Categories/"Roselli%20Wootz%2C%20UHC-%20puukot"

Oh it was linked already, sorry nevermind :)

Is this what you are looking for?
PupTntn.jpg

Some are simple carbon steel and some are ultra high carbon steel. Do you know which one you have? Any documentation?

Hoss

I bought it years ago and don't know for sure. It is pretty impressive, I beat the hell out of it and I seems impervious to damage and holds a good edge. I am happy to send it to you if it will help. I don't need anything for it, I have its big brother still.

I bought it years ago and don't know for sure. It is pretty impressive, I beat the hell out of it and I seems impervious to damage and holds a good edge. I am happy to send it to you if it will help. I don't need anything for it, I have its big brother still.

That model is a the non UHC model, all UHC knives from them have a different handle shape, well that i know of anyways...

Whatever this one is made out of is one tough SOB. I'm thankful most people don't like the profile. :D
Truer words have never been spoken. These are my beaters. By that, I mean I have beat it through bone and frozen food with a mallet without a hint of damage. They are not the most elegant grind but they are true motivators in the kitchen when a little malice is necessary.

Thanks guys, looks like I found one.

Hoss

Any chance you'd be kind enough to lett us know your impressions about it? I for one would love to hear it.

The steel in this knife was just okay. I have used lots of other carbon steels that I like better. There is almost no grind to these knives and even after increasing the grind, it didn’t cut that good. The blade thickness is very thin so there is some flex. The handle is oddly shaped and didn’t work for me.

The knife is a step up from lots of cheap knives, I’ll keep this one because it is interesting.

Hoss

Latest posts

Back