HI

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made two cuts with the KS out of the box and then sent it off for a custom saya and then sharpening. I like the profile, the weight, the style. I think it needs the sharpening.

I made two cuts with the KS out of the box and then sent it off for a custom saya and then sharpening. I like the profile, the weight, the style. I think it needs the sharpening.

You did the right thing there- I picked up a KS 240 Gyutou a month back and put it through my stones for the first time last week. Starting to work it in the rotation right now. I sharpened at 15-16 degrees and am happy, but still have some experimenting to do with bevel.

I think you’ll be happy once it comes back. Who did you go to for the custom Saya?

I sent it to the Ginger Ninja for the saya. Thanks.

Did you try to put a mirror polish on the KS? I'm thinking about asking for that plus sharpening before the patina sets in.

Very cool- Ginger does some great work.
I didn’t go mirror on mine but the KS would look slick in full shine. I am waiting for full patina to set in.. pretty sure I’m a good number of citrus and onions away from that though. It isn’t as reactive as other mono carbons I have had.

Latest posts

Back