One goes out and another one comes in.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PalmRoyale

Reaction score
Damn, I haven't been this busy in years. Another boat ready for spray foam insulation and the interior. If this continues I'll need to move to a bigger building :lol2:

kze7E90.jpg

jCLCoRV.jpg

That boat is bigger than my flat...how many hours of labour are we looking at in these pictures?

The preparations for the spray foam take a day. For the entire interior I've calculated 1300 hours. That's from the base floor to varnishing. I won't be working on this one though. A new guy starts on Monday and he and one of my other guys are going to make the interior.

Spray foam insulation is a very good way of insulating a boat but there's always some over spray or parts where they sprayed it on too thick so you have to remove that. Imagine sanding Polystyrene, that's what it's like. At the end of the day you're covered with it and it gets in everywhere. Your pants, underwear, shoes and shirt.

2 people can remove all the excess spray foam in a day so it isn't that bad. And I no longer do it these days, that's what employees are for :rofl2:

Having worked with spray foam for homes, i know exactly what you mean. No better insulation due to its sealing properties and gets in every nook and cranny... but no worse bit.. to clean as it gets in every nook and cranny :D

Up to about 10 years ago we used to insulate with Rockwool but you would always get some condensation between it and the steel hull after some time. It also itches like crazy. With spray foam there's zero condensation and although it gets in every nook and cranny it's still better to work with than Rockwool.

Back