Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why so much love for ceramic rods vs steel?

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Well I don't know what to think about that. You're going to have to explain to me what those swarf particles embedded in the rod are after usage that require erasing to clean it. I'd probably like to know if it's not removing material then how improper usage of a ceramic rod causes the overgrind frown just above the heel?
    I totally know what you mean, the Mac white ceramics had a fine stone like texture that was still much less aggressive than a diamond rod, those deffinetly removed metal and screwed up some knives. I think I have an idea for a video to show you what i'm talking about, to show how the black ceramic is maybe not as smooth as the f.dick polished stainless hones, but not anywhere near 2k in finish. Ill figure it out tonight.

Maybe it is black so you don't see all the swarf. To compare: the usual IKEA white ceramic rod looks like a pencil lead in no time.

"All right. So whatdya do with it?" - "Whatdya mean 'Whatdya do with it?" - "Self defense? Mayhem? Shish kebab?"