Thread: $400 Heiji semi-stainless 240mm gyuto with saya

$400 Heiji semi-stainless 240mm gyuto with saya

Here it is...didn't think I'd sell it, but I'm willing. I hope to pick up another Heiji very soon. If this wasn't 240mm, there'd be no way I'd sell it. This is the semi-stainless. It sharpens up to an amazing edge. It does form a patina, but does not transfer any stink or taste at all.

The knife might seem a little thick to some, but it cuts so so well. I feel much less resistance cutting most things than I did with the 270 Tad. The only things I can think of that it's not awesome for? Large squash, pumpkins, large sweet potatoes. Not even my thinner Shig or the Tad felt great on those, though. You can ask some of the other guys who have these knives how well they cut. You'll need to touch up the edge, though. Anyways...Measurements:

Length on the edge: 245mm
    Height at heel: 48mm
    Spine at heel: ~3.2mm (barely more than 3)
    Spine at midpoint: just a hair under 2mm
    Spine 1cm from tip: just a hair over 1mm
    Thickness 1cm away from edge between spine and edge: ~1.5mm

I think this is a thinner Heiji. It really is a super nice knife and there's no way I'm selling it for less than this price. I can deal with holding on a 240 like this one

So 400USD including shipping with tracking and insurance CONUS. You have to cover paypal fees, though.

Can I try to convince you NOT to sell it? Heijis are keepers!

Why don't you buy it off me so that I can buy two more? This knife really blew me away. I just really want two different sizes (210 and 270) over this one.

Already have the 240, and a 150 petty. They're getting buried with me when I die.

Have you seen the 270? I can't remember the exact specs, but it's a "big" 270, if that makes sense...

Dang. You are crazy, heirkb. I'm tempted to take yours and have two.

o man If I did not need another 240mm gyuto......

Lol, I am crazy, huh? This knife is seriously bad ass...I have two guys who have PM'ed me already, so I think one of them will take it.

If they fall through, let me know. I'll take it.

They are that nice, aren't they?

This knife is SOLD. Thanks everyone.