Quantcast
Veteran's Day
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veteran's Day

Veteran's Day

Thanks to all that have served and their families!

This was sent to me attached to a letter from a friend wishing me a great Remembrance Day (Veterans Day) I thought it summed up being a member of the military very well. "A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to The Goverment of Canada for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.' "

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

thanks, dad!!!

Much respect to those who were willing to lay down their lives for those they held dear.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Much respect to those who were willing to lay down their lives for those they held dear.
    That's not a big deal. The big deal is these folks are willing to lay down their lives for everyone OTHER than those they hold dear. Now that's something.

I took advantage of the offer Applebee's has on veterans day Free meal for veterans My waife had the steak and I had a bacon cheese burger It was also great sitting around talking to other vets from WW2 to pressent

Thanks to all who served

Veteran's day always pisses me off. I remember how it was after coming back from Nam.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Veteran's day always pisses me off. I remember how it was after coming back from Nam.
    yeah, my dad was a Vietnam combat corpsman attached to the Marines. 5 tours in Vietnam. He wasn't happy with the reception either. He gives thanks to his brother Marines. Even though he is a Navy Corpsman he will always be a Marine.

Corpsman rock. From personal experience.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig