Veteran's Day

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

add

Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all that have served and their families!

:headbang:

This was sent to me attached to a letter from a friend wishing me a great Remembrance Day (Veterans Day) I thought it summed up being a member of the military very well. "A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to The Goverment of Canada for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.' "

Much respect to those who were willing to lay down their lives for those they held dear.

Much respect to those who were willing to lay down their lives for those they held dear.
That's not a big deal. The big deal is these folks are willing to lay down their lives for everyone OTHER than those they hold dear. Now that's something.

I took advantage of the offer Applebee's has on veterans day :) Free meal for veterans My waife had the steak and I had a bacon cheese burger :) It was also great sitting around talking to other vets from WW2 to pressent :)

Thanks to all who served :)

Veteran's day always pisses me off. I remember how it was after coming back from Nam.

Veteran's day always pisses me off. I remember how it was after coming back from Nam.

yeah, my dad was a Vietnam combat corpsman attached to the Marines. 5 tours in Vietnam. He wasn't happy with the reception either. He gives thanks to his brother Marines. Even though he is a Navy Corpsman he will always be a Marine.

Corpsman rock. From personal experience.

Latest posts

Back