Ugly Delicious on Netflix

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished the first three episodes. I'm enjoying it so far, but Ep1 : Pizza seems to be the best ep so far.

No way. The fried chicken episode.

Awesome. He talks about the racism associated with the dish. Reminded me of the time I stuck my foot in my mouth as a Chinese kid unaware of the history.

And the fried rice episode. He says a sentence I never said out loud. Only to my wife. He says it! Blew me away. My wife looked at me, she remembered me bringing it up.

Great show! It isn’t all about food.

yeah, been waiting for it for a while, watched the first episode as soon as it came out couple days ago, nothing since then.

I've seen all of them so far but the taco episode.

I live about 10 minutes from the Cajun "crawfish" (they're river shrimp) place in HCMC. I'm probably going to check it out this week with a friend of mine. Will report back.

I finished it this weekend. Very enjoyable, I thought David Chang was losing himself in his success, but it looks like he has found a better way of expressing himself creatively. I enjoyed ugly delicious more than most Chef's Table episodes and mind of a chef.

I finished it this weekend. Very enjoyable, I thought David Chang was losing himself in his success, but it looks like he has found a better way of expressing himself creatively. I enjoyed ugly delicious more than most Chef's Table episodes and mind of a chef.

i was shocked at the other southern chef. Sean Brock. i really like that guy, and will try his restaurant one day soon. that dude lost a lot of weight.

Chang, not so much :)

i'm a real fan of both of those guys. they can really talk deeper about food than most.

And noone is more watchable than Chang. Yea, the food conversations are interesting, but he has enough charisma that it would still be worth watching if he was hosting a show about fluctuations in insurance prices.

i was shocked at the other southern chef. Sean Brock. i really like that guy, and will try his restaurant one day soon. that dude lost a lot of weight.

Chang, not so much :)

i'm a real fan of both of those guys. they can really talk deeper about food than most.
I read that Brock recently opened up about his alcoholism, and he found treatment. Probably lost a lot of weight from kicking his addiction.

I read that Brock recently opened about his alcoholism, and he found treatment. Probably lost a lot of weight from kicking his addiction.

oh, my wife drilled deeper.

he has some auto-immune disease. well, that sucks!! looks to be one of the bad ones.

Am I the only one who finds Chang much more interesting and captivating when not on air/screen with Tony Bourdain?

Don't find him interesting or captivating at all. I guess I'm in the minority but all I see is a lucky drunk.

Fair enough. I find his more casual, to-the-point attitude refreshing, and his little mood swings (kind of bored to full geekout) make for good tv. I think his episodes of Mind of a Chef were my favorite. In contrast, although I found the episodes with Brock and Nilsson inspiring, they were more one-note. They both maintained a very consistent level of excitement and passion throughout the episodes, and there was a lot of talking about their local-food philosophies. While I am as on board with the local movement as anyone, it started to seem sort of repetitive. Probably didn’t help that I binged the whole season in a couple days, though. Anyway, one of the reasons Tony Bourdain is interesting to watch is that he gets alternately cranky, geeky, funny, warm, etc... and I think Chang has some of that too.

Started watching tonight and really enjoying. Anyone else? I’m going to start researching neopolitan pizza recipes to make in my BGE.

I am a fan of forkish’s elements of pizza. It is a ton of authentic info and how to adapt it to a home oven.

This next part may get me in trouble, and if so I apologize in advance...

Come join the Kamado pizza and baking Facebook group.

Oh god. I could barely finish the first episode. Chang’s narrative for pizza is pretty appalling. I sorta wish Chang and his food writer friend would just get outta the way.

I thought the pizza one was pretty interesting. Not for Chang, per se...but the discourse about DOP Napoli, vs NY version of that...the guy in Japan was cool. And apparently... they must have one hell of a budget for this show. Food film has jumped the shark...no doubt.

wow.

admittedly, i am just a home cook. i do love to travel tho.

Chang is a success story..whatever he has or done, that cant be disputed. i cant even explain it!! on the grand scale; i dont know jackkrap about the guy. i like watching him..why? he isnt hollywood material. he's chubby, his hair looks like he just woke up, he is not the traditional shiny food TV personality..all dolled up and handsome. he just rolls out of his place wearing whatever. his personality is abrasive. i bet it takes work to be his buddy. he annoyed the eff out of me when he wouldnt taste the donkey meat. his buddy said it right.."right now, i think you're a chitty chef"..his, retort.."!#$@!#$!@#"

perfect. just like what two good friends would say to each other. whatever. i would have loved debated that donkey meat with him.

he just seems like a regular dude to me.

i cant stand those polished TV people. i do like looking at Giada's rack tho.

only 1 episode in, however chang is more hype then anything id say, but he does have a nack to keep it interesting and as boomcha... as pointed out hes abrasive and that keeps it fresh for now...

i cant stand those polished TV people. i do like looking at Giada's rack tho.

69gtt.jpg

Oh god. I could barely finish the first episode. Chang’s narrative for pizza is pretty appalling. I sorta wish Chang and his food writer friend would just get outta the way.

I also felt He and Aziz and we’re outright rude to the guy making the tuna pizza but he treads real lightly with the Brooklyn tough-guy pizza maker.

Back