handmade pots, pots and more pots.....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgraypots

Reaction score
For those of you that call North Carolina home, or are close to NC, next weekend (Nov. 18-20) is THE biggest weekend in Seagrove. Around 60 of us local potters will gather in an old warehouse at the old Luck's Beans Cannery on Hwy. 705 for the Celebration of Seagrove Potters. Friday night the show begins at 8pm with a jazz band, food and an auction of collaborative works. Tickets are $40. Saturday and Sunday admission is $5. Once you walk in to the exhibition hall, take a left and go to the corner where you'll find me and my wares. I'm not sure who the food vendors will be, but there is usually bbq and more.
celebrationofseagrovepotters.com

There is another show in town as well, the Seagrove Pottery Festival, which includes potters from all over NC. Between the 2, you might find a pot you like :)

Come and see me-Tom

BTW, Seagrove is an hr and a half west of raleigh, durham, chapel hill, 45 minutes south of greensboro, and an hr east of charlotte.

I am teaching a course for UNCG this semester, but since it is an online class I am unfortunately nowhere near Greensboro, otherwise I would definitely go. :(

If the sun comes out and I can get my act together, I'll post some pics of the awesome cups I have from Tom; they are really very cool!

Erik, I'm glad you and your, fiancee, right? are enjoying them. The COSP is a big event, lots of pots finding new homes, and somewhat of a reunion. Be well-Tom

Dagnabit! I just (and I mean JUST) got back from picking up boards from Dave in High Point. Not that much further to Seagrove! Argh. Wish I'd seen this before.

cup1.jpg
cups2.jpg
cups3.jpg
Okay, so they're lousy cell phone pics, but that's better than nothing, right? Anyhow, we love these cups--they're strikingly comfortable in-hand as well as being versatile and just plain lookin' good! I hope things are otherwise going well this weeked in Seagrove! :thumbsup:

Tom, will you generally have inventory going forward? Hopefully my wife and I will take a trip down to the triangle area this winter, as there are a few places we want to visit. We'd love to see your pottery!

The Celebration of Seagrove Potters was excellent, even better than last year, which is kind of surprising all things considered. Ben, wish you could have dropped by Any time you're heading any where near by gimme a shout. Jared, as always, good to see you! Business got in the way of a longer discussion. David, give me a PM in advance and I'll make some recommendations as to where to go around here. My retail shop is no longer opened, but I have pots in a 10 member co-op and another shop in town, and would love to meet you. Seriously, let me know in advance when you make plans. Erik, I'm glad you guys are enjoying the cups! When they get lonely :) just let me know.

Tom you're a popular guy what can I say. I am sure we will be talking again shortly especially since I am going down that way mid December to pick up my 1/2 cow in Robbins.

Back