• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Very clean blue Aoto.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PalmRoyale

Reaction score
This is a brand new, very clean blue Aoto that has been used only once by me to test it out. That was a few weeks ago and it's been sitting in a cupboard ever since. Even though it's a very good stone I just don't reach for it so it's time for it to go to someone who will use it. It has no lines, cracks or sandy inclusions. It's pure and clean from top to bottom. It releases a nice amount of mud when you work the stone with the soft cladding of knives or the soft backing of a Japanese chisel but it doesn't turn into a mud bath. The scratch pattern is very even, not that deep, in the 3000-4000 range and is easy to follow up with a higher grit stone. This Aoto left a nice, somewhat refined yet toothy edge on my chef's knife that is suitable for a wide range of cutting tasks. The pictures you see are of the stone as it came to me. Before testing it I removed the 2 paper labels and I sealed the sides and bottom with marine grade varnish. In the second and fourth picture you can see a large and smaller brown spot on the side of the stone, that's the skin of the stone. The size is 190x58x52mm and the weight is 1424 grams.

Price is $203 or €165 . Shipping is €13 within the EU and $30 to the rest of the world. I would prefer shipping within the EU because of the weight but I will ship it to other parts of the world as well.

33BUDTD.jpg

Fmrhtkh.jpg

1vxap0f.jpg

ASLmLeK.jpg

iAg7YD8.jpg

K6d4uXV.jpg

It certainly is. It's super clean and consistent. But despite that it's not a stone I use. I guess I just like synthetics better in the medium range.

Here's a better pic of the top of the stone. Very clean.

69eVQZ8.jpg

And thank you for removing the part about the PP fees.

Aoto arrived in what I could consider the most careful protective packaging ever!
Great care and love has been given to this stone
Can wait to get on it!

Back