Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The PERFECT mug cake

Made it. Swapped veg oil with butter. Needed about 47 seconds in my 1000w but used thick mugs. Kids and wife went crazy for it. Made 4 in under 10 minutes. Will be doing this again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LifeByA1000Cuts View Post
    Is this a 750W or 900W microwave, or entirely something else, that you used to develop the recipe? And what mug - not only will dimensions differ, but mugs - especially favorite mugs - have a tendency to be made out of only marginally microwave-safe materials that will heat up themselves and shield microwaves to varying degrees.
    It's a 700 W microwave and I use your run of the mill generic white dollarama ceramic mug. I like mime quite "runny" honestly. For people complaining there are no eggs, well that's correct and this recipe enables you to eat the half baked uncooked batter safely.

Made it last night. Daughter thought it was good but in her opinion it needed more chocolate flavour.
    my knife is not sharp enough.

This is a "omg-i-need-chocolate-now-but-dont-have-anything-in-the-house-and-am-feeling-lazy-no-dishes-no-work-no-fuss-need-it-now" desert. Should have stated that in my original post. For sure you can get fancy and top it with broken chocolate bars, nuts, chocolate chips, peanut butter, etc. I agree it has more of an "adult" flavor in that it's not overly sweet or chocolaty. That's what I was going for. I'm sure if you started melting chocolate in a bain-marie it could get interesting, but the point of this mug cake was just a quick lazy 1 cup recipe for a chocolate fix. I will try the next one with butter as some of you have done.

Quote Originally Posted by brooksie967 View Post
    Made it. Swapped veg oil with butter. Needed about 47 seconds in my 1000w but used thick mugs. Kids and wife went crazy for it. Made 4 in under 10 minutes. Will be doing this again!!!
    Nice! When I have to make lots I will say quadruple the recipe in a large bowl then just scoop some into mugs. Only microwave one at a time though unless you are a scientist and can figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorax View Post
    Nice! When I have to make lots I will say quadruple the recipe in a large bowl then just scoop some into mugs. Only microwave one at a time though unless you are a scientist and can figure it out.
    That's exactly what I did. My kids are 6, 3 and 1 and my wife is a chocolate-addict. These were both sweet enough and chocolaty enough for the family. Everyone said they can't wait for me to do it again.

i dont bake. so PLEASE excuse my lame question.

Cocoa powder..we are talking about stuff you mix with milk? no..dutch cocoa powder?

Straight cocoa powder, not the chocolate milk mix.
    my knife is not sharp enough.

Quote Originally Posted by esoo View Post
    Straight cocoa powder, not the chocolate milk mix.
    (thanks)

dutch and normal straight cocoa powder differ in pH, there could be an influence on leavening ...

"All right. So whatdya do with it?" - "Whatdya mean 'Whatdya do with it?" - "Self defense? Mayhem? Shish kebab?"