Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You ever walk off a Job?

"feel like a dick"

Watch "team america", and what is said multiple times about being a dick.

"All right. So whatdya do with it?" - "Whatdya mean 'Whatdya do with it?" - "Self defense? Mayhem? Shish kebab?"

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    he emptied the safe, and following days till, I left and never went back.
    Not even for the coke?!

Just kidding, of course.

Chris's Old Boss:

****** SPOILER *******

1993, summer before eighth grade, in Maine minors laboring raking blueberry fields was a common first job. Worked a couple back breaking weeks, the supervisor had me re raking the parts of the fields that the skilled rakers had already raked. We got paid by how many gallons we raked so I was making about two dollars per hour, less than half of minimum wage. As an aside I watched the supervisor fire a whole family on the field, mom dad kids, yelling at them loudly. I had enough at some point and raked all day and gave the vast majority of the blue berries to my cousin. I turned in a few buckets of berries and he wrote my ticket that I had worked two hours instead of 8. I told him I knew of minimum wage laws and that he owed me minimum wage for 8 hours. I thought that huge redneck was going to tear my head off. I stood my ground and got my 8 hour ticket. He screamed at a 13 year old that I would never "work in the blue berry fields of Maine ever again" He was right!

Mise_en_place - sorry, not sorry

I walked off once towards the beginning of my cooking career. I felt pretty terrible about it for a while, but now 8 years later, I donít regret it. Obviously it sucks to do that, but some chefs/ bosses are just so ****** and out of line, ya gotta do it. On the other hand, I have had people walk out for no good reason, and that really makes my blood boil.

Respect is a 2 way street, thereís no need to give someone respect if they canít offer you any in return. Twice Iíve put my 2 weeks notice into employers only to be told to go home and not return.
    Every situation is unique, and no one wants to just walk out of a job-but Iíve been in positions where it felt absolutely necessary.

***** slap
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

So hilarious thing happened tonight, boss fired me tonight lol, he was being a dick and I told him we already talked about this, he looks at me and tells me to get my **** and get out... was like well two weeks vacation before school.
    La bonne cuisine est la base du vťritable bonheur. -August Escoffier
    Without butter, without eggs, there is no reason to come to France. -Paul Bocuse

Wait, Different job?

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    Wait, Different job?
    Iím wondering the same thing haha