Quantcast
new video... ideas?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new video... ideas?

new video... ideas?

I was thinking its been a while since i made any videos myself (the japanese knife society vids dont count as this in my mind), so i thought i'd throw a feeler out there... i get a ton of questions every day, but what would you guys like to see a video about if i make one this coming week?

I'm getting much better at sharpening on the stones, but where I still struggle is a consistent honing technique between sharpening. I do quite a bit of veg prep on polyboards at work and quickly loose a trued edge. I'd like to see your thoughts on this if possible.

Engorged Member
    I'd like a video of you doing the macarena.

A video on how you finish your edges?

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Maybe a video of a whole sharpening and stropping session on a 50-50 bevel gyuto?

Quote Originally Posted by macmiddlebrooks View Post
    I'm getting much better at sharpening on the stones, but where I still struggle is a consistent honing technique between sharpening. I do quite a bit of veg prep on polyboards at work and quickly loose a trued edge. I'd like to see your thoughts on this if possible.
    +1

Also with your thoughts on when you do go back to the stones, which grit do you start with (last stone used from last sharpening session? Lower?). Or maybe something broader like: maintaining the edge from the last full sharpening session, through when it's time to start thinning behind the edge again...

Quote Originally Posted by unkajonet View Post
    +1

Also with your thoughts on when you do go back to the stones, which grit do you start with (last stone used from last sharpening session? Lower?). Or maybe something broader like: maintaining the edge from the last full sharpening session, through when it's time to start thinning behind the edge again...
    Yes! I'm wondering these things as well.

thats an easy one... i dont even have to sharpen anything in that, but i'd be happy to do it. I'll try to get on it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    Maybe a video of a whole sharpening and stropping session on a 50-50 bevel gyuto?
    +1 I love watching an experienced sharpener just go straight through on a 50-50 DB Gyuto.

Quote Originally Posted by macmiddlebrooks View Post
    +2 - Just about to get into stropping to finish edges as well as touch up edges and would love to see your thoughts and opinions on something like that.

Someone posted it elsewhere, but cutting techniques/motions for really hard foods like sweet potatoes, pumpkin, etc...I've been able to figure out some of them, like butternut squash, but those ones I listed are still annoying.

+ Reply to Thread