Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacquiao-Marquez III

MMA- kickboxing, BJJ, and shotokan and then some other stuff i dabbled in.

Didnt follow MMA too much while in Japan... to busy cooking

I didn't watch the fight as I didn't think Marquez would be competitive at the contracted weight. Clearly I was wrong. Marquez has Pac's number, always has and always will. Some judges score on aggression and which fighter comes forward. I myself don't see fights that way, its ineffective aggression if you're being countered at every turn. All fights in the trilogy were close but I must admit I appreciate the cerebral boxer puncher style more. What I see in this last fight is lead right hands landing on Manny all day. Floyd Mayweather has the best lead right in the game. He lands that punch at will on everyone. Technical mismatch for Pacquiao imo. Cotto-Margarito 2 ought to be a good scrap, you guys plan on watching that?

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by TamanegiKin View Post
    I didn't watch the fight as I didn't think Marquez would be competitive at the contracted weight. Clearly I was wrong. Marquez has Pac's number, always has and always will. Some judges score on aggression and which fighter comes forward. I myself don't see fights that way, its ineffective aggression if you're being countered at every turn. All fights in the trilogy were close but I must admit I appreciate the cerebral boxer puncher style more. What I see in this last fight is lead right hands landing on Manny all day. Floyd Mayweather has the best lead right in the game. He lands that punch at will on everyone. Technical mismatch for Pacquiao imo. Cotto-Margarito 2 ought to be a good scrap, you guys plan on watching that?
    I see Cotto brutally crushing Margarito. The fights Margarito has had since he stopped using plaster in his gloves he's been destroyed, except for that nobody he fought after Mosley.

Yea I think Cotto will fight smarter this time around. He's gotta clinch when Marg gets on the inside. Most of the damage came with Marg on the inside with Cottos back on the ropes. And as you said It's likely Marg had loaded gloves the first time around -I do believe he did- I've got Cotto winning on points and picking up where Pacquiao left off on rearranging Margacheatos face

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by TamanegiKin View Post
    Yea I think Cotto will fight smarter this time around. He's gotta clinch when Marg gets on the inside. Most of the damage came with Marg on the inside with Cottos back on the ropes. And as you said It's likely Marg had loaded gloves the first time around -I do believe he did- I've got Cotto winning on points and picking up where Pacquiao left off on rearranging Margacheatos face
    Did you watch the face off with Max Kellerman between the two? It's going to be a good match.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMV0vGFCFKQ

No I hadn't seen that yet, thanks for the link! That was probably the best episode of face off I've seen.
    Yikes, can't wait for this fight.