• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS:Masahira Kato, Okudo Suita, Nakayama Maruka, Shobudani Suita

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jklip13

Reaction score
Letting some of my best stones go as I slowly wean down to just 2 naturals.
First off is a vintage Okudo Suita. It's an enormous stone weighing almost 2kgs. This is classic okudo, very dense and fast, prototypical for the layer and mine. Because of the consistency throughout the enormous face and incredible cutting speed, I'm asking $775
IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

#2 is a Shobudani Renge Suita. Also a very dense fast stone, slightly less hard and fine than the previous Okudo. more user friendly and all 8 corners in good shape. I would not suggest a nagura for this stone, developing a thick slurry can be done without it in 5 minutes or so. $725
IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

The last stone is a Nakayama Mizuasagi Maruka. The Maruka stamp is a little faded but still visible, I coated only that face of the stone with some light lacquer to preserve the stamp, for those people who stamps are important to. This is an ultra fine stone, one of the best razor stones I have used. A few years ago I polished the full bevel of a yanagiba on this stone, it was one of the clearest mirror finishes I have achieved. I will post pictures below once I find them. this stone also comes with a wooden base that the stone "snaps" into snugly. $970
IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

I am also choosing to sell this Kiridashi made by Kato san's father (Masahira Kato san)
I dont know the steel, I dont know the story, but it has his fathers signature on the knife. $1740
For reference there is one other for sale on a Japanese site asking 400k Yen more than double this price
IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

All prices are excluding 5%paypal fee and shipping from Toronto Canada
Thanks for taking the time to look
Jon

These will only be for sale until the 26th of March when I go back to Japan

Truly baffled these are still available, feels almost disrespectful to see such awesome stones receive so little love. I think that okudo suita might be one of the most quintessential stones of its type I've seen. Prices like these don't come around everyday...

Truly baffled these are still available, feels almost disrespectful to see such awesome stones receive so little love. I think that okudo suita might be one of the most quintessential stones of its type I've seen. Prices like these don't come around everyday...

BIIIG +1

Okudo and Shobudani are sold. Nakayama Maruka and Kato are still for sale

The last stone is a Nakayama Mizuasagi Maruka. The Maruka stamp is a little faded but still visible, I coated only that face of the stone with some light lacquer to preserve the stamp, for those people who stamps are important to. This is an ultra fine stone, one of the best razor stones I have used. A few years ago I polished the full bevel of a yanagiba on this stone, it was one of the clearest mirror finishes I have achieved. I will post pictures below once I find them.

do you have pictures of the polish you can achieve with the Maruka?

I just moved back to Japan, these stones are no longer available. Thanks everyone

Back