Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS:Masahira Kato, Okudo Suita, Nakayama Maruka, Shobudani Suita

FS:Masahira Kato, Okudo Suita, Nakayama Maruka, Shobudani Suita

Letting some of my best stones go as I slowly wean down to just 2 naturals.
    First off is a vintage Okudo Suita. It's an enormous stone weighing almost 2kgs. This is classic okudo, very dense and fast, prototypical for the layer and mine. Because of the consistency throughout the enormous face and incredible cutting speed, I'm asking $775

#2 is a Shobudani Renge Suita. Also a very dense fast stone, slightly less hard and fine than the previous Okudo. more user friendly and all 8 corners in good shape. I would not suggest a nagura for this stone, developing a thick slurry can be done without it in 5 minutes or so. $725

The last stone is a Nakayama Mizuasagi Maruka. The Maruka stamp is a little faded but still visible, I coated only that face of the stone with some light lacquer to preserve the stamp, for those people who stamps are important to. This is an ultra fine stone, one of the best razor stones I have used. A few years ago I polished the full bevel of a yanagiba on this stone, it was one of the clearest mirror finishes I have achieved. I will post pictures below once I find them. this stone also comes with a wooden base that the stone "snaps" into snugly. $970

I am also choosing to sell this Kiridashi made by Kato san's father (Masahira Kato san)
    I dont know the steel, I dont know the story, but it has his fathers signature on the knife. $1740
    For reference there is one other for sale on a Japanese site asking 400k Yen more than double this price

All prices are excluding 5%paypal fee and shipping from Toronto Canada
    Thanks for taking the time to look
    Jon

A good knives wont make you better, only practice will, a good knife should make you practice.

Jon, is that the Maruka you let me borrow?

yup
    A good knives wont make you better, only practice will, a good knife should make you practice.

always the best stuff. Some drugs right here

Quote Originally Posted by jklip13 View Post
    yup
    FWIW, I got to play with this stone for a few months and it's nothing short of the highest quality asagi that's available. Super creamy feeling despite its hardness. Very very nice stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    always the best stuff. Some drugs right here
    Good good good drugs.. I’ve got a higher tolerance level thanks to these two guys

Toronto! Need to visit you!

These will only be for sale until the 26th of March when I go back to Japan

Bump

$150 price drop on everythin