Turning grinder on or off pops RCD

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merlijny2k

Reaction score
My new grinder pops the RCD of my home sometimes. Never during grinding, sometimes when turning it on, sometimes when turning it off. Typically when changing belts. I've been using it for a couple of days now. Any idea's?

Thanks in advance

Did it perchance come with an electrical schematic?

And... before wild goose are chased, cooked and served ... it is the RCD that trips, NOT an automat fuse?

No and no unfortunately. My fuses are the old fashioned 16A ones. Not the modern automatic ones. My house is from the 80's

RCD could blow because of some oddly wired capacitor in the motor starter circuitry... and no, don't go removing capacitors...

Probably best to have a local sparky check your machine through with a megger...

If your going to trip, it's usually at start up. Are you running other things on same circuit that could be turned off? How many HP is your motor/ what amperage?

350 Watt at 240 Volts. It is in a shed in my garden on a general purpose circuit of the ground floor of my home.

Back