Anybody eles use the Petite Tender cut?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw2geeks

Founding Member
Reaction score
I made a Garlic stuffed Petite Tender roast recently and was wondering if anyone else uses this cut. Here is a few pics.

rd7uX.St.117.jpg

1g5ikS.St.117.jpg

1k9xds.St.117.jpg

aqpCj.St.117.jpg

1hZm9n.St.117.jpg

More pics and recipe here.

Looks delish, and those are some beautiful pics. What knife is that?

Looks terrific. Home or pro? Also, what's the cutting board?

As always, well done Steve. I've never heard of that cut before, but having just bought 1/4 of a local, pastured cow, I think I can find something in the freezer that might work.

Looks terrific. Home or pro? Also, what's the cutting board?

Home cook who likes to take pictures of what I cook. Lately I have started posting them in a blog. The board is a cross section of a tree that I picked up from a Asian market.

That looks really good! My wife keeps threatening to bring home a full tenderloin so we can play with the different cuts. Your dish looks like you were able to add quite a bit of flavor. Did you have a sauce or pan sauce as well, or did the garlic and herbs get the job done without additional help?

Nice pics looks tasty. I'm a big fan of the petite tender.

Why did you leave the garlic whole in the middle? If you did it again, would you do it the same way?

I may give that a try using hanger steak.

That looks really good! My wife keeps threatening to bring home a full tenderloin so we can play with the different cuts. Your dish looks like you were able to add quite a bit of flavor. Did you have a sauce or pan sauce as well, or did the garlic and herbs get the job done without additional help?

Did not make a sauce, just spooned a little bit of the au jus from the roasting pan on top.

Why did you leave the garlic whole in the middle? If you did it again, would you do it the same way?

I did adjust the recipe a little after fixing this. I originally roasted the garlic for only 20 minutes, thinking since I peeled them first they would not need as much time. Turns out they could have used the full 35 minutes I normally give an unpeeled head of garlic when roasting and adjusted the recipe accordingly. Other that that I was real happy with the dish and would fix it agian this way.

is there a recipe you could post for this - it looks super delicious!

I did adjust the recipe a little after fixing this. I originally roasted the garlic for only 20 minutes, thinking since I peeled them first they would not need as much time. Turns out they could have used the full 35 minutes I normally give an unpeeled head of garlic when roasting and adjusted the recipe accordingly. Other that that I was real happy with the dish and would fix it agian this way.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back