D. Martell Petty Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

Steel Choices

O1 - $299

CPM154 - $325

Only 50% deposit required to order now!

Size/Style

160mm Petty

Handle Materials

See attached image for available selection

Handle Configuration Choices

Western (hidden tang only)

Wa octagonal

Ferrule/Bolster Material Choices

Blackwood

Kingwood

Black Buffalo + $15

Blond (and/or streaked) Buffalo Horn + $20

*Note - if you have another wood types (for the bolster/ferrule) that you're thinking about please ask as I have many types of small cut off blocks and likely have what you're looking for.

Spacers

Nickel silver or copper (thin only) Westerns + $10 / Wa + $35

*Note - metal spacers will be paired along with black G10 spacers on both sides

Shipping

Included in USA only

Delivery Date

These knives will be scheduled to start work on in April.

The first petty sold will be the first to be started, and then the rest done in order of sale dates.

If you have any questions at all about the completion/delivery date please feel free to ask as I'd greatly prefer to explain this now, even if it means losing a sale, than make a sale and gain an uncomfortable misunderstanding in the process.

Purchasing

Please contact through PM or email if interested in ordering.
smile.gif

Thanks,
Dave

P1010003.JPG

BTW, if you liked the last 2 petties I've done in Ironwood then you'll like to know that the 2 ironwood blocks shown above are from the same block. :cool2:

Okay Dave, I'm in for a CMP154 Ironwood block WA with a horn ferrule (leaning towards streaked but up to you) no spacers. You pick the block which would be best. In case my wife is checking in on me, it's for a customer honey - the Parks;). This way I have a very happy customer and I get to try out your petty

Okay Dave, I'm in for a CMP154 Ironwood block WA with a horn ferrule (leaning towards streaked but up to you) no spacers. You pick the block which would be best. In case my wife is checking in on me, it's for a customer honey - the Parks;). This way I have a very happy customer and I get to try out your petty

Woo-hoo, first man up! :happy1:

Thanks Bill, I'll get with you in just a bit.

Looks like some nice blocks of wood. I bet that after a little Martell magic, they are gonna turn into beautiful knives.

What I'm looking to do here is to map out my work schedule with known selling knives vs the make & hope approach I've had to use too often.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Beautiful work as usual Dave, don't need another petty otherwise I would be all over this.

Put me down for a western stainless. Your call on the handle design.

Hi, how much would EU shipping be?

Those look like beautiful blocks that will make very handsome knives!

One question though, I thought on your website that you don't use cocobolo due to potential allergy issues?

.... I thought on your website that you don't use cocobolo due to potential allergy issues?

Nice catch! :biggrin:

So yeah, I don't use cocobolo. I've actually only used it once before and only did so because I had a gift (2 blocks) from a friend. I still have one left so thought I'd do one more knife with it.

Here's the cocobolo finished...

attachment.php

I'm cutting petty handles tomorrow, I wouldn't mind throwing in another, shoot me a PM if you're interested. :wink:

I can't wait to show you guys the ironwood on the petty I just shaped a couple of days ago. This stuff is soooooooooo nice! And I've got the sister block to it....still available! :spiteful:

Latest posts

Back