• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Uchigumori stone.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tripleq

Reaction score
For sale to Canada and the ConUS is the following Uchigumori stone purchased from Watanabe. If is an excellent stone, easy to work with and leaves a nice finish but it overlaps with too many others in the collection. Screen grabs below from Sin's site as well as a current pic of the stone and a knife finished on the stone. The stone was sealed and lapped upon arrival and only 3-4 knives have been polished on it since purchase.

Shipping: Confirmation within 2 business days of completed payment via traceable and insured postal product.

Price: As noted in the details the original price is 38,000JPY or ~ 355USD + shipping. Selling for 275 shipped and PayPalled.

Please PM if you have any questions and thanks for looking.

lh5WqB.png

HthSEY.png

nJEi9A.jpg

EEALWp.jpg

59UFnG.jpg

Thanks Nutmeg. It is a great stone but unfortunately we just can’t keep them all.

Thoughts on this stone for and edge finisher?

I have several Hazuya stones from Sin in this hardness range and they are all excellent edge finishers. Shinichi recommended I try it out some time ago and I occasionally use them after a JNS 6000, Kitayama or similar. So, you could use this stone cosmetically or for finishing an edge.

HS53 around 2.5-3 on the JNS scale maybe

IMO HS53 is clearly more than 2.5, I'd say 3-3.5, 2.5 for me is a clearly soft stone where the slurry is mostly stone and HS53 is more a middle hardness where there's still a fair bit of stone in the slurry but not nearly as much. My HS52 was definitely what I would call lvl3+, and the slurry was very dark as opposed to the pure stone slurry with atoms which was pull pink. That said this is all subjective.

IMO HS53 is clearly more than 2.5, I'd say 3-3.5, 2.5 for me is a clearly soft stone where the slurry is mostly stone and HS53 is more a middle hardness where there's still a fair bit of stone in the slurry but not nearly as much. My HS52 was definitely what I would call lvl3+, and the slurry was very dark as opposed to the pure stone slurry with atoms which was pull pink. That said this is all subjective.

Thanks valgard. I’m not as familiar with the JNS scale as I am with Sin’s but your lvl3+/dark slurry description is a good match for this stone.

Thank you folks.
Interested. Pm sent.
Thanks valgard. I’m not as familiar with the JNS scale as I am with Sin’s but your lvl3+/dark slurry description is a good match for this stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back