Shapton Professional/Kuromaku 320 coarse stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonedEdge

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been looking for a Shapton Pro 320 stone for ages and other than CKTG or Amazon, I can't find them anywhere.

I'm in Canada for reference.

Does anyone know of a legitimate place online to purchase one of these stones? Most of the Amazon ads for these stones don't seem to be from highly trusted sellers.

Any leads are greatly appreciated!

Or maybe someone wants to sell me theirs?

Won't they ship to Canada? Like them or not they are who has stock most of the time now. Sharpening supplies, for example, has not had stock in like forever.

Anyway...hard finding them in stock in NA right now. Remember, Shapton USA went poof.

Fine tools has them if you don't mind ordering from the EU. Japany has them too.

Looks like Japan wood worker will have them mid April.

Found one.

https://www.mtckitchen.com/shapton-traditional-sharpening-stone-for-knives-coarse-320/

hard finding them in stock in NA right now. Remember, Shapton USA went poof.

Ohh I didn't know that. Thanks.

Guess I'll have to pull the trigger on one of those random Amazon sellers :S

Ohh I didn't know that. Thanks.

Guess I'll have to pull the trigger on one of those random Amazon sellers :S

MTC has the 320.

But yeah, the low stock is a pita. I recommend these stones a lot but how can I do that if people can not buy them...lol.

G'damn I must be the most useless Googler in the world

Thanks for the heads up! I always forget about MTC

Hah, I have been through this too is all. I have a list of places that sell stones beside me in my notepad. There are loads of places that I easily forget about. Some of them are on the expensive side as they are smaller but they normally have stock when nobody else does. Sadly, that is not the case with these shapton stones...King 8k or Imanishi Tamago, no problem...lol.

You're more organized than me lol I should start keeping notes too.

What I'm grappling with atm is either paying a lesser price on Amazon or CKTG, but risking surprise import and/or duty fees. Or going another route (MTC and some others) that offer a higher price but no extra duty/imprort fees. Hmmmm

In the past, I ordered my Shaptons from 300mate and metalmaster off of ebay. No taxes or duty when having them shipped to Toronto. I recall though that 300mate said he doesn't ship for 10 days after payment (edit - this is for Naniwa stones).

Last edited:
Order placed with metal master. Thank you all for the quick and extremely helpful replies. Love KKF for this very reason. Y'all rock!

In the past, I ordered my Shaptons from 300mate and metalmaster off of ebay. No taxes or duty when having them shipped to Toronto. I recall though that 300mate said he doesn't ship for 10 days after payment.
Ive had same turn around time for MM and 330 shipping to Toronto. I've also bought from the iffy amazon vendors and generally have had no problems. I just ordered a knife from MM last Tuesday and he shipped it on friday, its already somewhere in Canada as of today, I read somewhere he only ships out on friday or weekends

Ive had same turn around time for MM and 330 shipping to Toronto. I've also bought from the iffy amazon vendors and generally have had no problems. I just ordered a knife from MM last Tuesday and he shipped it on friday, its already somewhere in Canada as of today, I read somewhere he only ships out on friday or weekends

Just double checked and for Naniwa stones, 300mate lists that it will take 10 days for him to ship. Shaptons don't list that disclaimer.

Back