Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mammoth tusk

Better question, whats a piece like that cost?

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur. -August Escoffier
    Without butter, without eggs, there is no reason to come to France. -Paul Bocuse

Quote Originally Posted by Acousticawareness View Post
    That is incredible.. excited to see the finished product.
    Pretty stoked about this myself. Its been a long time coming. and many changes to original plan (all for the better) The hardest part of a amazing project like this was sourcing the right materials.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Available Knives

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    This is gonna be cool! Knock it out of the park, Randy!
    Thanks David. I will do my very best!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Available Knives

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    Better question, whats a piece like that cost?

Lets just say it was spendy! But just wait till ya see the finished cutters. Will be well worth the time and work finding and cutting the materials myself.

Available Knives

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    This looks so cool, please keep the thread updated so we can see the progress..
    Will do sir..

Available Knives

Seeing this makes my mouth water ! Anxious to see some finished pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Getting ready to start processing this tusk section for a special project.

6 Knife set, 4 Steak knives and a Scimitar slicer and custom fork.

Mammoth tusk is exceptional piece I sourced to make the matching handles. Was a HUGE challenge to find a suitable piece the right size and with the right look.. But now its time to get started and Im stoked and humbled to be able to work this amazing piece of history.

Got the saw set up. New blade installed and adjusted. Getting ready for some serious tusk cuttin!
    First I love your signature! And then second, is this Really Mammoth Tusk!?! There’s no way! How did you obtain that?! I think I just found my new favorite knife maker!

Quote Originally Posted by TEWNCfarms View Post
    First I love your signature! And then second, is this Really Mammoth Tusk!?! There’s no way! How did you obtain that?! I think I just found my new favorite knife maker!
    This guys a beast. I have four blades from him a 75 and 150mm San mai petty a 250 mm monosteel gyuto (that may be in the hands of my friend Glen forever lol) and a 250 mm Damascus gyuto( https://www.instagram.com/p/BLwgwy_hzjo/ ) and am on his list for another something. Probably another gyuto. He's also amazing to work with, I was poor(still am) and he let me.make payments on them. P.S. mammoth molar >>> mammoth tusk.
    La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur. -August Escoffier
    Without butter, without eggs, there is no reason to come to France. -Paul Bocuse

Interested to see how the handles will turn out. Seen a few razors with mammoth tusk scales and those were always interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    This guys a beast. I have four blades from him a 75 and 150mm San mai petty a 250 mm monosteel gyuto (that may be in the hands of my friend Glen forever lol) and a 250 mm Damascus gyuto( https://www.instagram.com/p/BLwgwy_hzjo/ ) and am on his list for another something. Probably another gyuto. He's also amazing to work with, I was poor(still am) and he let me.make payments on them. P.S. mammoth molar >>> mammoth tusk.
    Crazy! Beautiful! I want one! Make me a Kiritsuke HHH!