Trouble finding custom wa handle maker

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanmak17

Reaction score
So I have been trying to find a wa handle maker for several months now. It sounds like Anton is way behind schedule at this time and won't have anything to sell for a while, can't reach Matt DeLosso not even sure if he making handles any more. Not really interested in Pcpken, to colorful for my tastes. Cody Paul says books are closed.

I have googled just about everything I could imagine and can't seem to find someone to make a handle. I have a blank Gengetsu I am eager to get handled, I also want to rehandle my Kato since its going to be a keeper, potentially my wat with something a little more special.

Anyone have any ideas on who I should talk to? Understand that there isn't a lot of money to be made making handles, willing to pay the right price for the right handle.

Thanks all

So, I'm not an official wa handle maker, but... I've made some jigs that make the process easier. And yes, I know I wont get rich making handles. I would need some guidance as far as basic dimensions go. The price would vary obviously, accordingly to materials used.

If you'd kindly pm me, I'd like to talk.

thanks

Robin Dalman has some handles in oak, reindeer ferrule, brass end plug in his web store. Maybe can he also make some other style if you ask.

Drop Stefan Keller a PM, he makes great handles, you may have to wait a little while that's all.

Terrafernhandles, Pcpken, Anton kudris and dphamblades can all be found on instagram. I have had handles from the first three mentioned and I can assure you that they do fabulous work.
20180102_194911.jpg20171019_205617.jpgView attachment 38879

Martell is a good choice...if he approves of your knife.

Thanks for all the replies. Many of the names I have not seen before. Perhaps I ought to put together a definitive list as a sticky somewhere?

pcpken does a fabulous job, I have had more than a few handles made by him. he can work with you in making what you want in terms of materials, colors and timeframes

Back