Any Steve king fans here?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
On tuesday Steve came out with his latest work,11-22-63 which must be a real thumper in text, but I got in audio, at about 30 hours. Just finished it a few minutes ago, I usually listen only when I'm working, but the end of this one really kept me going, but the journey there was a real romp. Its a good thing I got this one in audio or I would have been another day behind. I can say that this book I would have dived into and not slept until I finished.(I read really fast and I have not yet read a book yet that I could not finish in a day if I wanted to, no war&peace yet though). I am still in that let-down period after finishing a book, so I am not really ready to give a final opinion. I will say that this is a first person narrative that is very compelling and it is hard to put down. I won't spoil it if anyone is in progress or wants to read it. Anyhow Like Steve himself says its really not about the ending, but about the journey there. If you want an ending, just turn to the last page.
So has anyone else picked this one up?
Del

BTW, this is not horror like many of his earlier, it is more of a sci-fantasy.

I will now...I've already have his next Dark Tower novel pre-ordered. Thanks for the heads up.

I will now...I've already have his next Dark Tower novel pre-ordered. Thanks for the heads up.

I must say thanks to you as well, i didn't know there was a new dark tower novel coming, I look forward to that as well.
Del

I read everything by him I could get my hands on when I was younger, no time recently, but I will look for this one.

I should say that I am not a fan of all his work, the last one before this was under the dome, and I still have it in audio, but I have only listened to it once, it was OK. I love some of his work, but will not pick up others; the stand is great, but cell, not a chance. The dark tower series is only trumped by my terry prachett collection. His short story stationary bike is definately a winner if you have not read it.
Del

BTW, if you do like this story, you might like the short story by Pat Forde "In Spirit" This one does provoke strong emotion though as might the King story for those who remember the Kennedy assination. In Spirit is one of my favorite shorts.

Back