Quantcast
so i just bought a Masamoto KS 240
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: so i just bought a Masamoto KS 240

so i just bought a Masamoto KS 240

from JCK. been feeling a bit depressed, so i figured some retail therapy would do me some good. if Jon had a Heiji carbon 240 in stock, i might have had to have gotten that, but c'est la vie. the Masamoto appears quite different from every other kind of wa-gyuto i've tried (and i've tried a bunch), and i'm really looking forward to it.

I hope it brings you some sweet cutting joy! Hope all is week in Cinci.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Hope all is week in Cinci.
    i'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but thanks for the sentiment?!

I bet it's the fault of autocorrect.

Let us know how the KS compares to your other knives. I've been really curious about the KS, but there are a couple other knives tempting me right now...

i'm sure it's autocorrect too, i was just giving him a hard time. i have a Kochi and a Shig (wa-gyuto, anyway) on hand that i can compare it to, and i'd be happy to (once i get my Yoshikane back from rehandling, i'll have that too, for a comparison, but the Shig is close enough).

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Congrats man! Nothing cures the blues like an exotic, high-performance present for yourself.

I'm fingering the trigger on a Masa 240 honyaki, as completely superfluous end-of-year gift to myself. P.S., don't tell my girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Congrats man! Nothing cures the blues like an exotic, high-performance present for yourself.

I'm fingering the trigger on a Masa 240 honyaki, as completely superfluous end-of-year gift to myself. P.S., don't tell my girlfriend.
    thanks! and don't tell my fiancé about my simple KS, and you have a deal! just buy the thing, you'll end up doing it anyway, so you might as well. i also bought a Tojiro ITK bread knife today, and a 16" cordierite baking stone, but only the Masa really feels special. i got the marble ferrule.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post

Haha. I think you'll like it a lot if the you like the KS. I've only handled one of each and while both are very nice knives, the honyaki is much more tapered and flatter profiled toward the tip. I remember Salty saying something about them being twins but these were not.

ya i think those will look the best with the marble furrule

congrats on the purchase and dont forget to give us a review w/ pics

It's like my ol' grandpappy used to say; "The less one makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look a fool in retrospect"

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Snips View Post
    ya i think those will look the best with the marble furrule

congrats on the purchase and dont forget to give us a review w/ pics

i'll see what i can do. if i can get a couple of my lenses back from the woman, i can take some decent pics.