What are the best knife sharpening ressources?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benren

Reaction score
Hello everyone, newbie to sharpening knives here and wanted to find the best videos, articles, books and such on knife sharpening so I can get educated with reliable ressources and not waste precious sharpening time on reading.

I have a general idea of how sharpening works from sharpening all sorts of woodworking handtools, like saws and planes. I know the general vocabulary of sharpening, just not necessarily how it is associated with knife sharpening.

Thanks all for your time.

Agree that Jon's sharpening playlist is a great place to go for new sharpeners or those looking to up their game.

Jon's stuff is great. Korin also has a very useful playlist.
Murray Carter's stuff is also pretty useful, but most of the really useful stuff is actually paid content, which might be a bit hard to get to without actually paying for it. :p

Awesome, I saw JKI's playlist mentioned in another newbie post and figured I'd start there. Will definitely check out the one from knife planet too and the others that were mentioned here.

Home alone today, no wife, no kids, ('till 3pm) I actually have time too read a listen more than 10-15 minutes in a row.

Thanks again everyone.

Back