Love me some Blood Oranges ... What to make

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So luckily I have a friend who has a couple of beautiful Blood Oranges Trees .. and he gives me 'some' ... this time I got quite a few ... juiced a bunch today but trying to figure out some things to do ...

Going to reduce some to concentrate for a gastrique, salad dressing, etc. but wondered what thoughts folks had for the rest (besides just yummy drinking it ... which is difficult to stop myself).

Sorbet, BBQ sauce, Korean BBQ take ?

Thx for any thoughts/ideas,

TjA

Blood orange hollandaise is always cool.

I have thing for citrus paired with meringue as well :]

damn..i love those things.

but the king of citrus for me is the Sumo tangarine..man they make the flavor of any other orange-like fruit diminished in magnitude.

How about marmalade? I made cumquat marmelade a month ago and it turned out great. I've made blood orange marmalade and the color/flavor is amazing.i also like using a little less sugar. It makes the flavor of the fruit really come through.

Thanks all for the inspiration ... will put up some pic's when done ... some (?) of it will be going to Smokin Margaritas w/ blood orange as I just picked up a nice Del Maguey mescal ... yummy - but that is for another forum thread!

Gin and juice.

Blood Orange mojo criollo marinade for bbq flank steak or pork chops.

Well here is some of the reduction & yummy goodness left after straining (added to scones);

HCwDN88.jpg

Blood orange & cranberry scones - served with some Blood Orange glaze ... yummy;

sPgdeSL.jpg

ypRy3tR.jpg

Margarita's were awesome just a blur ...

TjA

Mimosas for sure, and I second the marmalade. The marmalade can be used in cocktails as well when you would normally use acid and sugar. Ive been using meyer lemon and blueberry marmalade mixed with bourbon, kombucha, egg white and maybe some bitters lately. Edit: Just saw this thread was started last month!

Back