Devin Thomas' Newest Creation

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Devin asked for some help getting these posted. I'm sure he'll be along with some details. It's sure not ugly, eh! :D

004.jpg

003.jpg

Last edited:
I was just commenting for Salty to show his honyaki suji, but this will hold me over for now :)

Why can't I just be rich?

Beautiful as always. Does that have a bit more curved profile than the ITK ones?

Wow. Very nice! Damascus ferrule is a nice touch. I'd love to see the handle made from a wood with more saturated color so it contrasts more with the fantastically beautiful blade - but it looks fantastic as it is, too!

I'm already very happy to own & use some of Devin's non-damascus handiwork, so I'm content to drool over this eye-candy without actually owning it ;)

WOW........That makes me want to go to the bank.

Wow. The wood choice is right on, imo. Really elegant and understated for being so extravagant!

Hi Hoss, you wanna trade this for a 2002 Sebring convertible with slight 'issues'? :D Really a great knife, love the shape of it. Is that black ash?

Stefan

Thanks everyone.

It's a 300mm suji with black ash burl, three color mokume on the ferrule and butt cap, O-1 and 15n20 bubble wrap damascus.

It's for Dillard for working on my web site.

Hoss

There HAS to be some way that I can put you in my debt!

Thanks everyone.

It's a 300mm suji with black ash burl, three color mokume on the ferrule and butt cap, O-1 and 15n20 bubble wrap damascus.

It's for Dillard for working on my web site.

Hoss

do your windows need cleaning? i'm pretty well balanced on a ladder with a bucket and a squeegee :) maybe i could mow your lawn for a year?!

So where does Dillard live and when the does the knife ship.
post office always losing things;)
outstanding craftsmanship.

Ok, seriously I will tell my boss to give me 1 extra working day every week so I can afford one. This is killing me, i always have a softspot and tend to collect a suji, it's my main working knife. You guys can keep posting high end gyutou and I still can control myself, but not a killer suji like this.

Rio

It seems like Hoss's waiting list is worse the Bob Kramers these days. Could we do a forum group buy for some scimitar knives like Salty's? Bet we could get more then a few here to sing up for that?
Good to see ya Hoss I was scared I lost you when Mike & Adam kicked me off KF

Thanks everyone for your support. It's good to be here.

Love and respect

Hoss

It seems like Hoss's waiting list is worse the Bob Kramers these days. Could we do a forum group buy for some scimitar knives like Salty's? Bet we could get more then a few here to sing up for that?
Good to see ya Hoss I was scared I lost you when Mike & Adam kicked me off KF

Count me in, my budding interest in charcuterie and likelihood of building a smokehouse in my backyard will make a scimitar absolutely necessary.

Thanks everyone for your support. It's good to be here.

Love and respect

Hoss

Wow, that suji is unbelievable beautiful but the ferrule takes it over the top IMO.

BTW, Devin, I am really enjoying that snakewood damascus parer that you sold me. It is absolutely decadent to own and use such a knife.

Gorgeous! I will be dreaming of that one tonight.

That is definately a strong candidate for "The worlds most beautiful chefs knife"!

DarkHOeK

Count me in, my budding interest in charcuterie and likelihood of building a smokehouse in my backyard will make a scimitar absolutely necessary.

Why don't you plan on attending the ECG. You can play with my WFO if you'd like, and meet Hoss in person :) We'll have it fired up for some pizza baking most likely.

IMG_2345.JPG

Latest posts

Back