• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Huge Ohira Suita

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1523472261.960625.jpgIMG_1523472279.200202.jpgLRG_DSC00293.jpg

Sweet Christmas. These are getting harder and harder to find.

A monster ohira that made me fall in love with suita stones. Jon Klip lent this to me for several months and I had a blast with it. I found it benefited from the use of pressure which to me is desirable and makes the stone easier to use than stones that are finicky with pressure. This one has that really waxy feeling that isn't easy to come by. I'm sad that Anton isn't getting any use from it but surely someone who is into naturals will benefit from having this show piece in their collection. Edges off this are as good as they get for naturals too!

oh man.... my heart started to flutter a bit faster until I read SOLD!!

I really want one of these, but the price of them scares me. I am looking for a 10K plus finishing stone. I found some standard Ohira stones for 200 range so I may go the route for now....

oh man.... my heart started to flutter a bit faster until I read SOLD!!

I really want one of these, but the price of them scares me. I am looking for a 10K plus finishing stone. I found some standard Ohira stones for 200 range so I may go the route for now....
You can also look for smaller stones, you can find very high quality Jnats at reasonable prices if you don't mind it not being a full sized bench stone. You'll sometimes see them refered to as koppa, either smaller or irregular shaped but still a high grade stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back