Fresh Knifer Here

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEWNCfarms

Reaction score
So I was gifted my first knife back around Christmas and it was only a cheap stainless santoku I can’t remember the brand, but like $25 cheap. But I was hooked, and then bought a king double 1k/6k cheap stone, and have been sharpening ever since and bought a carbon cheap yanagabi (again can’t remember the brand), and then finally bought a Gekko Blue No.2 Kiritsuke 210mm and im in love! My king stone is wearing down and will be needing a new stone soon and wanted to join to get information on stones, and on building a nice patina on my Kiritsuke, and whatever else tickles my fancy about knives.

Welcome to the forums

thanks so much i'm excited to learn some new stuff!

Also more about me, I used to Cut Meat--I was not a butcher, though I wish I was, but this is/was a dying art and only a very few select places across the US specifically in big cities or "hip"/hipster places--but I cut meat for about 4 years or so. Then I left food service, and came back about 5 1/2 years ago. I Was always pretty good with a knife, using and sharpening them, because a guy I worked with cutting meat showed me how to really sharpen. But the place I cook at has knives the get sharpened every other week, and I always thought I would never need to buy my own knives.

But then I was gifted that little santoku and my life changed forever! Maybe hopefully one day down the road I could get one of you great smiths on here to make me a fancy knife.

also... when can I start Actually posting?!?

haha oh nice sorry! I guess I can start posting now! thanks you guys!

Back