Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Kaeru!

Still way preferable to ebony 🤣

BFD about the handle? I prefer Scott’s tissue to Charmin? HA

What do you guys think about its edge retention. Pretty thick tip huh

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Mucho, that was one of my concerns because I read your earlier observations. But mine ghosted through potatoes like thin air.

Okay, just diced 3 onions. I see what you mean now. Probably a little more resistance than what I’m used too at the tip.

I'm not knocking the tip at all, a little more meat behind the point is a good thing for a knife like this. It will happily handle sloppy chores and cool w being left behind NP.

Put the Kaeru to a tough test yesterday. Cutting through a garlic bulb root. Super tough, had to use my palm, deba-style to get through four of them. I was torking the knife, smashing it into the garlic, pretty much Neanderthal style.

No chips and only four or five rolled edges, that will come out with sharpening. I did touch it up on a Ohira Tomae Asagi and it produced a very keen but toothy edge.

Had the Kaeru 210 for 48hrs, so far 4 meals, cut everything from squash to cherry tomatoes to striploin to breaking down a chicken.
    What I Like: Pretty nimble and light, excellent cutter. Huge flat spot in the middle, great for dicing. Very tough (more on that later). Wont win at any strawberry coring competitions, but is sufficient for a 210.

I also put my Kaeru through a tough test, although not on purpose, I knocked over my pepper mill, which knocked iver the olive oil, which sent the Kaeru on the board 4 feet in the air landing tip first onto stone floors. Now the pictures thats worth a thousand tips:

If it was another knife I wouldve lost a LOT more tip. Oh well, now I get to sharpen it and will get back on how that goes