Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kaeru!

Quote Originally Posted by Jovidah View Post
    Well sorry, not trying to be disrespectful here. Just observing the limitless enthusiasm and "shut up and take my money"-attitude a lot of people have here.
    I understand that it might be rightly deserved by delivering good product, but I just find it kind of funny how many people will just blindly hype and buy stuff even when there isn't much info provided or regardless of pricepoint.

It's not so much the fault of him as it is the fault of his customers. I think it's healthier for markets if customers always maintain at least some healthy scepticism and critical attitude, instead of just blind-hyping everything. Some outsiders occasionally frown at KKF for that reason...
    Yeah, I mean the OP did kinda phrase the opening of this thread in a cheesy way. Blatantly making a hype thread for a knife we haven’t seen photos of or know much info about, but it sounds like maybe he’s just making a joke?

I'm hoping OP was being 'ironic' too ...

Kaeru Kasumi Stainless

Prices are up, but no photos. Cheaper than the Itinomonns. The price difference between the 210 and 240 gyutos is considerable.

Photos are on instagram and Facebook. I like the profile and they do look nice.

I like the profile too. These look single bevel though, or at least very much wide bevel. I am sure we will know more soon.

I've only bought three knives from Maxim—a Kato, a lefty Shig yanagiba, and a Mazaki, all very good knives I'm unlikely to let go.

Hype, anticipation, irrational need of another knife has a way of sucking me in, even without knowing anything about the Kaeru. The lowish price, and teaser on his instagram is tempting me, even though I don't have a real need for a stainless!

I want one with a custom green handle and saya, frule shaped like a crown, and I will name him "the Kermit", but then if I get that I need a CCK with pink handle named "Miss Piggy'

Man, kaeru look cool. Y’all should probably go back to the mazaki thread-nothing to see here. Just some boring old stainless knives with a core steel no one has ever heard of. Profile looks real unoriginal too.
    #jnspoop

better pick up those KU mazaki's theyre gonna appreciate in value!!

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    Just some boring old stainless knives with a core steel no one has ever heard of.
    Will we hear more about the stainless core Maxim?