Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This forum tried to infect my phone

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by rahimlee54 View Post
    I wonder why all these attacks as have been happening as of late.
    We're growing. The more traffic a site has, the more likely it is to be hit by teh robots. It's unlikely we're actually being targeted by anyone specifically, we've just got enough activity and are impressioned enough in Google that we get hit by teh robots a lot. The bigger we get, the more they hammer on the door.

I am phone illeterate, anyone know of another browsers or version that I can download to my phone to make this site viewable again from my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    I am phone illeterate, anyone know of another browsers or version that I can download to my phone to make this site viewable again from my phone?
    I also get the fake opera page when using the default browser for my android phone.

the "work around" is to use a browser that gives you the option of a "desktop" or non-mobile mode. the exploit seems to targeting phonest so if your browser IDs as a tablet or desktop, it doesn't get re-directed.

im using skyfire browser and it has a button right at the top to swith to desktop mode (icon looks like a droid/computer monitor).

iPhone and iPad are not affected.
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Yep...mine's all wonky.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

My android phone keeps redirecting me to that pile of crap and tries to download. On my pc I could see all the redirects in the last days as being blocked by No Script but today there's nothing blocked on the pc but android is lost...

Ditto on the phone, it happened to me at lunch today, still happening. No KKF addresses would load, it tried to download something disguised as a video clip onto my phone. Disabling Java, and all other plugins doesn't stop it from happening.
    Redirects to a russian-language site about opera browser, "op-new-mobile.net"
    Samsung Galaxy S, Android Froyo.

Currently on Chrome on Windows XP at work, it's working fine.

It's happening to me too and I have been suffering withdrawals all day at work. I'm running Android 2.2.2 I know, I'm behind the times. I've been using the standard browser and opera mini, same problem.