Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Cooking more Chinese food. Therefore, the Chinese cleaver.

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Involves Germans. Lots of Germans.
    Posts
    2,706
    @Triggaar that's why we call a gyuto a gyuto and a sabatier a sabatier?

    "All right. So whatdya do with it?" - "Whatdya mean 'Whatdya do with it?" - "Self defense? Mayhem? Shish kebab?"

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    349
    No CCK's or other quality cleavers in all of the Denver area that i know of other than the huge thick CCK cleavers, kau kong and the like at Pacific Ocean Market in Aurora. BTW they also have a nice collection of thick round one piece end grain chopping boards.


  3. #23
    Senior Member Xenif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    151
    I'm Chinese and I grew up cooking with CCK, I've had mine since I was 16, has never left my side. Recently, I found a love for Gyutous, but I still reach for my CCK a lot. However, recently I discovered that very long, thick spine, heavy weight Nakiri (mines a custom Heji 210) strikes an amazing balance between the two, and quickly became my #1.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenif View Post
    I'm Chinese and I grew up cooking with CCK, I've had mine since I was 16, has never left my side. Recently, I found a love for Gyutous, but I still reach for my CCK a lot. However, recently I discovered that very long, thick spine, heavy weight Nakiri (mines a custom Heji 210) strikes an amazing balance between the two, and quickly became my #1.
    Heiji makes stunning blades. I have a custom gesshin heiji cleaver and it is stunning. My first time cutting slanty green onions with it, the grin I had.
    La bonne cuisine est la base du vťritable bonheur. -August Escoffier
    Without butter, without eggs, there is no reason to come to France. -Paul Bocuse

  5. #25
    Senior Member Xenif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    Heiji makes stunning blades. I have a custom gesshin heiji cleaver and it is stunning. My first time cutting slanty green onions with it, the grin I had.
    If you are refering to your infamous THOR cleaver, I will have you know sir, that it was THE knife that made me fall down this rabbit hole, and started my own quest.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenif View Post
    If you are refering to your infamous THOR cleaver, I will have you know sir, that it was THE knife that made me fall down this rabbit hole, and started my own quest.
    That sir is my weapon

    La bonne cuisine est la base du vťritable bonheur. -August Escoffier
    Without butter, without eggs, there is no reason to come to France. -Paul Bocuse

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •