Hola from the Texas Embassy in Sloughhouse, California

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PASSMORE

Reaction score
Greetings. Seemingly small and tight community, thus I figured I would introduce myself and my stable.

Steve Goodson referred me - neat place here.

I raise freshwater fin fish on our ranch in Northern California. The majority of which go out to some of the finest restaurants and chefs in Northern California (SF, Napa, Sacramento, Silicon Valley) and Washington D.C. area. In this line of work, I cut a lot of fish and have been fascinated by my sushi chefs and their use of minimal number of knives to accomplish so much. One of them offered to bring me back a few from Japan and so, my obsession began.

What you see here is my deba, yanagi, and "chef's knife" as well as an old fork I use and my grandpa's steel I like. Usually run with a spoon or fish scaler, tweezers for pin bones, and a piece of wire to obliterate the spinal cavity on fish. The case of course is Steve's magic.

Looking for a smaller knife or two and a nice spoon to round out things...

i-bK55JnP-M.jpg

i-nSdSMxL-M.jpg

i-GhRPdPJ-M.jpg

i-WmPgrHt-M.jpg

Welcome. Nice kit! You have a much better head start than most new arrivals!

:ntmy:
Welcome! Glad to have you representing me in California there.

Nice stuff! And great roll! You should get a gray kunz spoon.

Anyone have any insight as to the maker or the markings on these knives?

Been using the heck out of the roll thus far and it has been attracting attention in some of the best kitchen NorCal has to offer! It is the perfect roll for me and will last me a lifetime in the floorboard of my truck, suitcase, etc as I travel. steve has some sheaths coming for me as well. Good stuff and a good guy!

Welcome. Love those Goodson knife rolls. Wish I could come up with an excuse to buy one.

welcome! really nice yanagiba

I've been told that. It usually gets the most attention in the Chef's kitchens. All I know is that Chef said it was nice and I like it. Wish I knew more about it and it's creator. I plan on going to Japan with Tommy and Bill someday in the near future.

Welcome!

Nice knife roll! By the way, what kind of fish do you raise?

Back