Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Kid on the Block

Some non (less?) photoshopped pictures.

I wonder if he has noticed all the traffic coming to him from this site yet.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I'll say it: Those are gorgeous knives. Clearly modelled after Kramer's, but since Kramer is pretty much my (the?) high-water mark for the industry, I hardly feel like that's an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I'll say it: Those are gorgeous knives. Clearly modelled after Kramer's, but since Kramer is pretty much my (the?) high-water mark for the industry, I hardly feel like that's an insult.
    +1

Ray Laconico, a knifemaker who sells at bladeforums.com, is another guy with a design background. His knives are dead simple, but very very pleasing and ultra clean in execution.

If the knives are what he says they are, these knives could sell very well I think. To be honest though, would anyone buy a knife based on Photoshop images and a few not very clear photos? Surely if he sells any people would be asking for photos before they buy? It is a little odd and it would be pretty cool if they are what the site says they are

I HT and quench with vise grips all the time. I have tongs that would do but prefer the vise grips for the positive feel and easier manipulation of the blade for agitating in the quench. I also wear a welding glove. From my little experiance with Bob, he seems like a very mindfull and natural teacher. If this guy was an appretice for any lenght of time and left on good terms, I would expect his knives to be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    If the knives are what he says they are, these knives could sell very well I think. To be honest though, would anyone buy a knife based on Photoshop images and a few not very clear photos? Surely if he sells any people would be asking for photos before they buy? It is a little odd and it would be pretty cool if they are what the site says they are
    I'm really not sure he's trying to sell to the custom knife knut crowd, it kinda seems like he wants to cater to the Williams Sonoma more money than sense crowd. It just seems like he's trying to give everything the uniform appearance of a set to appeal to people that think knives should match.

Also, how did this thread make it this long without THIS:

You know you love it.

Wow...that song is making me reconsider a piece I've been writing about hip-hop...

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Wow...that song is making me reconsider a piece I've been writing about hip-hop...
    Haha, don't worry, I think you can leave that out and nobody would mind.

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    That song has absolutely nothing to do with hip hop.

If you want or need to know what real hip hop is just ask me. I'm not talking about the crap on the radio either. Real artists are out there.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/