Best knife for rib tips?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddrhodes

Reaction score
Sorry for the possibly dumb question but I tend to overthink things and this may be one of them. I smoke tip sections fairly often and I was wondering, going through the cartilage, am I risking it if I use a blade like White 2 or Super Blue by using it on tips? Some sections have bone on them still, the knife won't get close to those. I also don't do a hard chop on them, more like a push cut back toward the heel of the knife. Using a good cutting board so not too worried about that aspect.

Just curious, thanks for any input.

My favorite knives for outdoor cooking are Del's Line Knife and the Mune butcher knife. Both robust enough to be up for task.

Thanks Dave. I'm in that place where I WANT to use my new knives for anything and everything but I'm thinking that's not probably the best approach. I'll look into those options - much appreciated.

Sorry, originally I had googled "recurve edge butcher knife", but redoing it didn't show it up. It was badass in that it was quite elegant, not at all overdone, and much like a BIG butcher knife, but with a handle that didn't quite say kitchen. I had thought, oddly enough, the topic was cutting up whole tip steaks. a recurve blade is good for that.

OK found it again, a TOPS Knives Armageddon Machete 10-5/8" 1095 Carbon Blade.

timthumb.php

Back