Quantcast
Voice Your Concerns - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Voice Your Concerns

  1. #41
    Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,090
    Edit - Nevermind, I'll just mind my own business.

  2. #42
    Why not set up a hobbiest section, as mentioned, and charge a nominal fee, say $5 to $10, to be paid in advance of a hobbiest beeing allowed to offer a knife for sale. Limit, if thats what the governing body wants to do, how many knives are sold by a person is a certian time frame, if they wish to exceed this amount, become a full fledged vendor, and pay the dues. Just thinking out loud...


    Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

  3. #43
    Concearn. Does anybody besides me get annoyed, when you post on, or create a new thread, and the damt thread disapears as soon as you refresh the page? If I decide I want to edit it, I need to go find it first. Is it possible to still have it in the stack?


    Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

  4. #44
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,227
    Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post
    Concearn. Does anybody besides me get annoyed, when you post on, or create a new thread, and the damt thread disapears as soon as you refresh the page? If I decide I want to edit it, I need to go find it first. Is it possible to still have it in the stack?
    Haha. Sometimes.

  5. #45
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,227
    Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    So who the hell is supposed to pay for the site.....i cant really see bumper stickers paying for the site...
    I'm surprised that a forum of this size couldn't pay for it's own existence based on donations alone. What would it take to get everyone here to donate at least a buck per year?

  6. #46
    Some might not like this idea, but if KKF really needs to find a new, objective source of revenue:
    I think B/S/T sales should include a KKF tax.

    I mean, KKF is providing a service there--without KKF's community where else could you get a fair secondhand price for a Delbert Ealy Gyuto? Try telling a pawnshop why it's worth $800-1000.


    But then again, I think vendors should still pay a fee and advertising should remain prohibited. So that policy wouldn't make any friends, I suppose, and would just give the admins another thing to 'police'. But KKF is not a charity, and it's not a business--it's a managed community. Donations are money given in return for nothing/goodwill, which is shockingly unpopular on the internet, and reasonable fees can and should be charged for financially advantageous services KKF provides as community management.

    Personally, I think it's crazy that the internet is chock full of forums littered with ads and paying members while the moderators and admins, who do an ABSURD amount of work, get paid ZILCHO.

  7. #47
    Senior Member ThEoRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Posts
    3,057
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Some might not like this idea, but if KKF really needs to find a new, objective source of revenue:
    I think B/S/T sales should include a KKF tax.

    I mean, KKF is providing a service there--without KKF's community where else could you get a fair secondhand price for a Delbert Ealy Gyuto? Try telling a pawnshop why it's worth $800-1000.


    But then again, I think vendors should still pay a fee and advertising should remain prohibited. So that policy wouldn't make any friends, I suppose, and would just give the admins another thing to 'police'. But KKF is not a charity, and it's not a business--it's a managed community. Donations are money given in return for nothing/goodwill, which is shockingly unpopular on the internet, and reasonable fees can and should be charged for financially advantageous services KKF provides as community management.

    Personally, I think it's crazy that the internet is chock full of forums littered with ads and paying members while the moderators and admins, who do an ABSURD amount of work, get paid ZILCHO.
    Never bought a knife in the bst at kf before, how much is the commission anyway?:
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Chef Niloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long island NY
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    So who the hell is supposed to pay for the site.....i cant really see bumper stickers paying for the site......Dave is supposed to foot the bill for everyone else to do business?......and as far as revenue last time i talked to Dave he wasn't buying an aston Martin.....Ryan
    He's got that really cool van... Not a Aston but still a fine set of wheels. If it was not for his addiction to twinklys and yanni albums he would be following in the dough.

    Ryan couldn't you foot the bill?

  9. #49
    I could foot the bill if i made big time money like you!....Ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    viva la revolucion !

  10. #50
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,927
    Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Never bought a knife in the bst at kf before, how much is the commission anyway?:
    $1 per item, paid by the seller.
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •