Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDalman

Unsupportive Member
Reaction score
I should have marked it as scrap, as I sold it as that for material cost.

And from what I understand you got your (60 bucks) payment for this one back from paypal

Really obvious flipping going on here. It appears as though a new forum member who oddly enough just hit 50 posts has decided to resell a defective knife for $350. Its also a knife the maker issued a refund for so essentially the guy is trying sell something he received basically for free for $350 profit.

This behaviour does not appear to be in the spirit of the forum and should be strongly discouraged.

Not to mention, it appears to have taken advantage of the extreme geneosity of the knifemaker in question.

I didn't issue a refund, paypal did.. They decided to fund both parties.

My 2c talking as a member not a mod

He has disclosed that he bought it as a second, Robin has chimed in and made clear the original price paid, if someone is willing to pay the money with the information they have that is their perogative.

I also happen to be the owner of one of Robins knives that was bought with a fault for a ridiculously low price, I however won't try and profit from it.

Yep, if the members want to be stupid let them be stupid. Or, if you want to screw the members screw the members. Good ole capitalism right?

Certainly a strange situation.

That knife's definitely worth more than the cost of its materials, but this is such a lame move by the poster. I say ban him from BST for being a d-bag to the Nth degree.

As has been discussed at length, I don't think banning is gonna do anything, neither do I think the mods will do so. A new account with different name and email isn't exactly hard to do. All we can do it flag the sale here as labor has, and call this ******** out and ignore his forum contributions. And if we come across his name in future transactions, don't buy from him or sell to him, and thus we take back what control we can exert on our little community.

Had Robin not intervened, that it would look like the OP got the knife with a discount and is selling it, give or take, for a comparable sum. Now that it turned out that he got the knife basically for free, it puts the whole thing in a different light and would at the end of the day make Robin look bad - like he had sold a knife with defects for $350. So no, I am not going to sit back and watch.

Thanks for calling it out, pure attempt to make money. Just wished that RDalman wouldve sold it to me for that price [emoji51]. I feel bad for the maker because I feel his generosity was taken advantage of, this kind of behaviour discourages him from offering seconds to people (like me) who cannot afford one or someone who whats to try his work before taking the full plunge. If we allow things like this, the maker will loose respect for the community and the community will loose respect for it self, and without respect the community will slowly erode into nothing.

Let *US* be the strength that holds our community together, like the varnish that holds our Jnats together.

Thanks for being good people guys. Great community, as I was recently proven also on the recent meetup in germany 👍🙏

Absolutely shameless. Thanks to Robin for calling it out. And this is exactly the worrying trend that caused some of us to speak out in the thread on flipping.

Lets not forget that the SOB went after PayPal for a refund as well - my assumption is that he said the product was defective which then required Robin to follow up with them just to keep bloody $60 for a product that Robin spent quite a bit of time on (so he moves from SOB to D'bag in my mind) ... I would add that this BS slowed down Robin's knife production - that alone should get him banned from B/S/T ...

My 2c talking as a member not a mod

He has disclosed that he bought it as a second, Robin has chimed in and made clear the original price paid, if someone is willing to pay the money with the information they have that is their perogative.

I also happen to be the owner of one of Robins knives that was bought with a fault for a ridiculously low price, I however won't try and profit from it.

Robin’s comments are here and not on the for sale thread...where they belong IMO.

If, and that's a big IF, I ever sell a 2nd again I'll mark it as such so there's no question what it is. I've had the same thing happen to me as Robin and as a maker it sucks. This is bad for everyone, well, except for the deceiver of course.

Back